About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, August 22, 2011

Don't just be alive, LIVE!



Did you know it's possible to be alive, (breathing) but not actually have life in you? Have you ever looked into another's eyes and just made note to yourself that there was no light in their eyes? No spark? No joy? No hope? No life? I have seen this so many times and it breaks my heart. Let me tell you WHY it breaks my heart. Because God has so much in store for us than we could ever imagine, and so often in this life, we sell ourselves short. We choose paths in life that cause us pain, bring us down and make us miss out on the life that God truly intended for us. He loves us, He wants His best for us, (Jeremiah 29:11) and regardless of what others tell you, it IS better when we are walking in His path. (not pathS) There is but one way to be truly/fully alive. And that is through Christ. I have learned this by my own personal experience and each and every day as I wake up and see the light of day and the joy that it is mine through Christ Jesus my Lord fills my eyes and ears and flows out of my mouth simply overwhelms me. That He would be mindful of me, He who created me just as I am, to live, just as He intended. Open your mouths wide that He may fill it....



And yet...we often do not choose to take this offer of life. This option that fills. The choice that gives life to our body's fulfillment to our existence and joy to our steps. We say to ourselves that what we have in store for ourselves is better. That what God may plan for us is too scary because it's too unknown. (or is it even real we may ask??) But I assure you...walking on your own will very soon prove to you that you are missing something. It's something that you always feel like you are just one fry short of a happy meal, or one ace short of a full deck. The dots just don't quite connect (only by an inch or two) and the thoughts that come and go, just seem a little disconected. It's because my friend, you were not made to be in charge of your own life. You were not created to be your own god, you were not formed to walk in your own strength. The breath that God breathed into you, was created to sustain you. It's His breath that is to breath life into your bones and make you ALIVE. Alive in Christ. That is what we are to be. Not alive in self. We are to die to self! Again, to die to self is gain. To live for Christ, that is when we are alive. Paul says it well here:



"Command them to do good, to be RICH in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way, they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the LIFE that is TRULY ALIVE." - 1 Timothy 6:18,19






What was true in Paul and Timothy's day, is true for us. We still serve the God that is the same yesterday, today and forever. And it is still apparent that when we live for self, emptiness soon follows. And when you have another look at you in the eyes, what would you like them to see? Truth? Depth? Godly understanding? Godly wisdom? Hope? Joy? Contentment? Peace? Those are things I pray my eyes translate to others. Rather than what could be there if I did not choose to live and really be alive...things like: frustration, unsettled...discontent, lack of hope, absence of peace, restlessness with life, and a real look of being lost. We all are born lost you know. When we come, fresh from the womb, from the creators design, He gives us the choice to choose Him. To walk with HIM. TO take Him up on His offer to not just breath, but to be ALIVE. To not just gasp for air in our ability...but to breath in and out, to the fullest, the freshest air imaginable.( More than we can imagine actually) It's the difference between being on a machine to help you breath, or being able to breath freely while running a marathon. That is the huge gap between living life for ourselves and in our own strength, vs. living IN HIS strength, for HIS glory, in HIS plan...walking HIS path. So what do you say then to this? Where do place? Who's air is in your lungs? Yours, or His? Trust me friends...it's life or death.

No comments:

Post a Comment