About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Head On


Proverbs 17:14 says something to the affect of this: Drop the matter before the fight breaks out. Anyone of you ever had a situation where you thought "this" and your opposer thought "that" and one of you had to give in, but neither was willing? That is exactly what this verse is talking about. Drop it. That is the underlying message here. Just drop it. This post does not have to be long, because the message is clear. We are not to quarrel with one another, as the people of God, we can recognize that He has one plan for us, and this for us to lay down our lives for the good of the other. TO lay aside our selfish ambitions no matter how RIGHT we think we are..no matter how clear it is that other viewer is WRONG, it is essential that we lay down our pride and let Christ be our advocate. We all have had these moments, and Christ says, (Psalm 18:47) that HE is the one who avenges me. Not me. Not my own good sounding arguments. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you O God my savior (Psalm 19:14) Keep me from WILLFUL sins. (vs 13) and Psalm 31:1? HE is my refuge. SO, what do we know? Christ is the one who avenges us. We do not need to think for a moment that our words will either defend us better than His shield can defend us, nor should we think that our anger will bring about the righteousness that God desires. Not one angry word we say edifies the listener. SO why oh why is so very difficult for us to just simply hold our tongues and say, "He will defend me?" Why is it? because Friends, we still want to be right. Let us lay down our pride, *for this is what we are really battling up against, it may feel like it's the person whom you are quarrelling with, but really it's our own selfish desire to be right, (even if we are right) and it is that desire that we need to lay down, for if we are right, Christ will avenge us. If we are wrong, He will convict us...but wouldn't it be better to just walk away and let the matter rest until we see what Christ says to us about it? I do. HE will convict, and He will supply us with the wisdom we need. He does so every time, we just need to back down, shut out mouths, get alone with Jesus and meditate on what it is HE wants us to. Easier said than done, but this will be my plan of attack the next time I face a situation where my pride tells me "FIGHT HARD, YOUR RIGHT" AND I will tell my pride to back down in Jesus name. Amen. It's like two cars playing chicken, head on, they bash into eachother over and over again, eventually pieces of the headlights start flying, and their grills get bent in, and the hoods break off and the windows fall in, what is left after a head on argument with someone is usually a similar result. NOT GOOD for either party. People's feelings get hurt, their loose words that cannot be retrieved are out their and not easily forgotten, our hearts are damaged and wounds quite deep and then we have a whole lot of repairs to do before we are back in full, good, working condition. SO let us think before we enter into the next "HEAD ON" with another person. It is better to drive to the side of the road and let our opposing driver pass on by and not crash into them over and over again...because they are not in agreement with our direction. God will be our advocate. If we are right, He will do His work. We can trust Him. He made us. He knows us and anything we need, we will have from Him as we need it.. (patience, strength, perseverance and peace.)

No comments:

Post a Comment