About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Passage Worth Reading

A Passage straight from scripture that struck me today, and I thought it was something I ought to share.

2 Timothy 2:14-26
"Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words, it is of no value and only RUINS those who listen, Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid Godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly . That teaching will spread like gangrene. (19) Never-the-less. God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are HIS, and everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness. (required action) In a large house their are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master (wow!)  and prepared to do any good work. Flee from the desires (requires action) of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith and love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a PURE heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish or stupid arguments, because you they produce quarrels. And the Lord's SERVANT must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil who has taken them captive to his will. " (scary)

I will say as I read these words as a believer of the Lord Jesus Christ, it did make me stop and think. I am to be a instrument of the living God, His servant and this is my deep privilege. Avoiding the things my flesh desires is not captivity. It's freedom. It's a lie from the pit of hell that when you give things up for the faith you are miserable. Rather, I would say the Lord replaces the things I divorce, the things that belong to the "evil desires of my youth" with good things, better things, things that fulfill me more. And believe it or not, the things I once so longed for now, do not really even appeal to me. Why? Because Jesus satisfies me more. The more I hold open my hand for Him to take what was not mine to begin with, the more He hands me back with upgrades of what I used to have. My fake joy, is now authentic. My fake laughter is now deep and real. My fake marriage is now the real deep and meaningful marriage I know He longed for me to have. Basically, I take everything I used to hold so dear, gave it back to the one who died to set me free, and He handed me all my soul needed, or desired. Because once I am held in His hands of perfect love and contentment, the things I desire, are the things He desires for me. I want, what He wants for me, and in that, I am COMPLETELY HELD. Completely content, and complete.
I don't want to be doing any of Satan's work. I want to live for the Kingdom and for my King, my Savior, My Jesus, with everything I think, do and say.
Obviously, we all screw up at times, and that is why He preaches the gospel of GRACE and MERCY. Getting what you don't deserve. I screw up, He forgives me, and loves me regardless. AND in the that, HE is our example. Others screw up and sin against us, and we have grace for them. It's a beautiful example of how we ought to be. And the above passage is a great way to pray! He showed us what to do, and of course how to do it. (through Him.) and the why. ( point our faces heavenward to our glory and kingdom that will not fade or wear out. That moth and rust will not destroy and were every tear is wiped away) I know it is hard to fathom or even picture what this looks like. After all, we only have what we know. But as I stare into the mirror and window of the Bible, I see something to good to imagine. And frankly, it can't come soon enough for me! But until heaven is my reality, I am content to bask in the goodness of His word, and share the goodness with all of you. Enjoy. Eat up. The above passage is a hearty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment