About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, April 25, 2014

Let's Be Real (For Real)



He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. (Hebrews 11:25 NIV)

Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Hebrews 11:16 NIV)

“To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: “ ‘We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’ (Matthew 11:16, 17 NIV)

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, (Ephesians 6:7 NIV)

The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. (Genesis 6:5-8 NIV)

All these scriptures are verses that ought to make us think. You are here, I am here on earth for a few years. God created us. This truth we know. You and I are not here by chance or accident. Your parents did not accidentally conceive you even if they said it was an accident. It was not. God planned you. SO this begs the question of "why?" Why did He plan you? Why did He put you here?

Let me jump ahead, now you are 20, 30, 40 something...have you figured out why your here? To work a good job...to raise a family? To find love, to be love...what? What is your purpose...

Skip ahead again...
Your on your death bed... What is your "claim to fame.." are you comfortable in saying, "I lived a good life, I worked hard, and now I'm dying and that is all there is?" I'm going into the ground and there I'll stay. I cease to exist. I have no soul. I have no aftermath. I have no life to look forward to after death?
And if you believe you are going to an after-death place..where did you get that idea? What do you base your belief on? Where did you find your truth to base your confidence in as your life on earth slips away from you?
Good questions.
If you don't know the answers to these questions, no matter how old you are right now, it may be time to start questioning and seeking these answers.
I know, as I read Gods word, (the absolute truth) (how do I know it's the absolute? because I choose to believe that Gods plan is the only plan. All the other plans fail because they are human based. If you were trace them back to their beginning, they are based on human origin, and man is flawed, since the time of Adam.) Gods word tells me from start to finish all about His plan, man's sin and our way out, our escape.
Jesus, the nails that would be pounded through His hands, His life that was given for mine, and then, His  raising from the dead, ascension into heaven, His GIFT of the Holy Spirit and His plan for us depicted on all the pages of HIS word.  Tell me, beyond my ability to comprehend, that He in fact has a plan for my life, one that makes sense, and is learned, and followed a day a time.
I just find myself astounded that we as humans would rather live for ourselves for a few meaningless days and pleasure filled ways, than trust in a plan that has been set in place since before the foundations of the earth were laid. Before the earth was, Gods plan for YOU was already in place. Think about that. NO. really. THINK ABOUT THAT. Isn't that astounding?
Maybe you want to take a second and ponder in your heart how you really feel about all this.
Do you live a life that is centered on what YOU will do for that day, how YOU will make yourself feel good that day, how YOU will do nice things for other people based on how YOU feel about things? Or do you start your day asking GOD who made you, what HE wants for you, what HE has planned for you that day, how HE will have you impact the lives of those around you.
The bare reality is this: One day YOU will die. Your breath will cease to flow through your lungs, it will stop providing your body with life blood and life as you know it, will end. Just like that.   Is this thought alarming to you?
It doesn't scare ME one bit.
IN fact, it excites me. "Death is just a doorway to take me to my Faithful Lover. The lover of my soul." says a line in one of my favorite rap songs.

I think in the rush of each day, we live our every 24 hours based on emotions we have, feelings we go through and confusion that ultimately ends in many disappointments. I absolutely know these feelings because I lived my life this way for 24 years. Now on the other side of the coin as I have put my trust on Someone greater than myself, I see the polarizing difference of a life wrapped up in Jesus, Vs. a life wrapped up in myself.
I just feel like saying, "Let's be real!" Think about life in terms of your 80 to 90 years and consider, who your' living for, why and what the point of life is. What is the point?
My Point is the hope I have wrapped up in The Lord JESUS Christ. The one who guards my life, runs my life and set me free from fear of death.
O the hope that lies in just that one line.
If you have not thought about the things I am writing about, then perhaps you should. But I challenge you, to pray. Pray about these things, to the unseen God, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. It is as simple as this. You can do it anywhere, anytime, and you can pray just as you are. With a sincere heart, wanting to hear from GOD.
You and the creator of the world can have a relationship. He will encourage you, give you life and grant you guidance hope and peace as you walk this earth.
You need only to call upon His name, and listen.
There are no magical words, no secret formula, no chant, no book that will tell you "this is the way you get God to hear you."
He only asks we come to Him with a sincere heart. One that is waiting upon Him.
Do so today. DO so right now. Ask Him.
Your life depends on it even though you may not know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment