About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Perfect Forcast




You all know what that "perfect" day looks like, where no cloud is in the sky, the sun is shining and the temps are warm and the slight breeze is a delightful touch on your face. We've all had those days. Those are the days we tend to make big plans, and spend the days outside, rejoicing in the beauty of God's creation.
It always amazes me how different each day can be. One day may be as the description above, and the very next day the clouds can set in and the winds pick up and can bring  with it rain and turmoil. The creation we rejoiced over now somehow seems dark and we wonder, "what happened to the sun?"
It's on these darker days, these windy days, these cold days that we wonder, "why the change God?"

It's also on these cold, darker days that we decide, "it'd be better if I just stay in today."

I've noticed a trend in my own life that reminds me of the weather. When my life feels happy, sunny and joyful I tend to tell God, "yes, I'm available today, use me!"  And I gladly strap on my shoes, roll up sleeves and get to work.
But, what about the day that I wake up and the skies feel dark, and the rain is drizzling down in my heart, and with much heaviness I look to God and say, "Lord, today is the not the day I can do anything for you." And I hang the "closed " sign on my heart.
It's not that God couldn't still use me on these days, but I am not a very willing participant. This can happen periodically, and it may seem there are no negative affects  to those who observe this process...but it in essence says to God, "I call the shots, and I will be of service to you on my watch."
I do not recall Jesus ever saying that in His word or with His deeds in the 30 some years HE walked the earth...

What happens when it's been raining in your heart for weeks on end? Do you sit all these days out? Do you tell God that this is just a season that you are putting a "temporarily out of business" sign on your heart?

I've done this before. I close my doors, I shut my windows and tell GOD that when He brings the sun back out, then I will strap on my boots and head out into service again. But as long as keeps the rain coming, I'm going to stay where it's safe.

What happens though when the rain does. not. leave.

Anyone ever had this? You go to bed with such high human hopes that tomorrow will be good? And then tomorrow comes and the heaviness in your heart remains? We've all had these seasons i'm sure.
But in all transparency, ask yourself, "what do I do with this season?"

I will tell you what God asked ME to do. He handed me an umbrella, and a pair of rain boots, and said, "You can still got out."
I looked at Him in disbelief. I could not believe that He was asking me to work in these types conditions.
"Im not well rested. This rain has been keeping me up at night."

"come to me and I will give your soul rest" He said.

That was not the particular type of rest I was looking for I said.

But He persisted with my rain gear. When I failed to reach out and take it, He set it by the door and told me it'd be there until I was ready to take it.

I had no idea what that meant, but I grabbed my blanket and curled up my feet under me, and stared out the window, shaking my head, and musing to myself that I couldn't believe that He would ask me to do that. "pffff....go outside in these conditions. unbelievable."

Oh my hard heart. How I sorrow over my disbelief in His ability to conquer over the storm.

As the story continues, I will not leave you hanging, the rain did continue. I did not see the sun even peek it's face out for weeks on end. I started to despair. I began to contemplate moving. Thinking that if I moved to a new location my sun would come back out.
I took a little vacation even. I packed my t-shirts and flip flops, but when I got off the airplane, to my dismay, the rain had followed me.

I cried out in anger.

As I got out of the car upon returning from my attempted escape from reality, I stood at the gate by house, standing there in there rain, I looked up at the sky, and said to the sky..."you win. I surrender." And sopping wet, I ran in the house, and came out shortly with my rain boots on, and my umbrella in hand.

As I stood there with my rain gear, I waited, I asked Him, "what do you want me to do?"
I started walking. Looking. Watching.
Little drops fell off my umbrella, and splashed into the puddles that gathered all around me.
As I began to walk farther, listening to the rain, I began to enjoy myself. I saw the little bugs running too and fro, dodging the drops. I saw birds, splashing in the rain, and puddles.
The rain began to sound like a little song in my ears.
I saw a lady struggling with her groceries, so I stopped to help her. She smiled at me in appreciation. "I'm so glad you were out here to help me in this!" She exclaimed.
My heart caught in my throat.
"me too..." I replied.
I kept walking.
I saw a man in a wheelchair, getting soaked as he slowly made his way down the sidewalk. I handed him my umbrella. He looked at me in appreciation. As I watched him wheel down the sidewalk with my umbrella hooked to the back of his chair, I felt my heart warm and swell with joy.
I didn't even feel the rain splashing on my head as I continued on.
I shared a laugh with another fellow as I passed and we joked about our soaked condition. We walked together for a bit, encouraging each other.... He called out after me, " the rain will stop at some point."

Tears sprang to my eyes, I smiled, and responded, "I know, but I can still enjoy the day, even if it doesn't."
The man smiled back at me, "that's the spirit.." He said, and gave me a wink.

My step was lighter now. I almost felt like skipping. "Nice day..." I commented to myself as I walked onward. Completely soaked and happy...I knew this was what The Lord was talking about now.
All I'd seen and what I'd been learning, was building up to this day.
It was all to help me follow His plan.
I can't profess that I understand it. But I see His hand holding my hand.

As I rounded the bend to my home, I saw the lights on, and a fire going in my house..as I walked up my walkway, He opened my cottage door for me, there He stood, smiling. "Nice walk?" He asked. The tears sprang to my eyes.
I hung my head.
He reached out, lifting my chin, He made my gaze meet His. "I'm not mad at you...but this was something I had to teach you." He said.
Looking at Him with tear filled eyes I nodded. "Im sorry for my attitude.." I said.
"I forgive you. I always will forgive you.." He said.
Now I was sobbing. I threw my arms around His neck.
He embraced me for a while, and comforted me.
After HE left, I saw a new umbrella sitting in the corner of my entry way. I smiled knowing He had left it for me.

The next day when I woke up, I hoped it would rain! And true my hopes, it was raining! Laughing I jumped out of bed, I grabbed my boots and new umbrella, and ran out the door. I smiled, laughing as I waved at everyone I passed, "Nice day!" I called out to a woman I passed on the walkway. She looked at me in disbelief. And timidly smiled back.
As I came to the street sign that flashed "stop" I stopped to wait for the traffic, I looked over at the fellow I was standing next to, waiting for the light as well. There HE was! He looked at me, giving my shoulder a little half hug squeeze, the smile lines that ran deep in His face shot out as the corners of His mouth pulled up in a great big smile. "well done." He said.
Together we walked on.

The sun may come out soon, but even if it doesn't, I'm OK. I have Him to walk with. And now I know that I can't just work when the conditions are perfect.


I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13 NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment