About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, January 19, 2015

When The Answer Is Different Than What We'd Like





A mommy sits with empty arms tonight. An ache in her heart, and tears on her cheeks. So what do we do, when things did not end as we had hoped for?
It's hard to say in words all the different thoughts that scan through the mind in moments like these. We question. We rage. We cry. We sit still unable to move.
We are but human, and we only have limited knowledge to life and what it holds.
There are of course all the words that people say to eachother to attempt to make one another feel better, and as well meaning as all these words are, they often fall void before the hurting one.
We want to share our concern, our care, our love, but the words fail and fall short in so many ways.
So what are we to do?
I quit saying "my" words after going through my own personal tradgedy. Realizing that words are just words if they come from me. BUT- if they come from Him, the Heavenly Father, they mean something. They hold weight. They have value beyond the here and now. All scripture is GOD breathed. It's living and active and it's ready and willing to offer encouragment, support and strengthen whenever we need it. (as often as we need it.)
Some of my Bible pages are stained in tears. Some of then are underlined to the point where I cannot find words that are not underlined. Regardless of the response poured out on my Bible page- it points to one thing, His words are the only ones that speak any real encouragment to me.

"For the word of the Lord is right and true, He is faithful in all He does." -Psalms 33:4

To me these words say, "He knows what I do not."

"For He spoke and it came to be; He commanded it, and it stood firm." Psalm 33:9

What He does in this world, what He allows, sometimes does not make sense to me in the human context, but as I have walked with Him, I have come to see that He is doing what He knows is best.

I know He hurts when we hurt.

I know He feels sadness when we are in pain.

He causes the sun to rise and set. The moon to rise and fall. The stars He calls out by name each night. He knows how many hairs I have on my head. He counted them. Reminding myself of these truths cause me trust Him in the midst of circumstances that I don't understand.

"On this earth you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world. " John 16:33

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Jesus said those things....

In light of the pain that is more than alive and well in THIS world, it is good to know that Jesus, has bigger plans than simply the things we face in this world.
Heaven is the place where every tear is wiped away, and no more sorrow and sadness will be.
Is there joy on earth to be had? Yes of course!!
But is there sorrow that taints the joy? yes.
In heaven, no sorrow will taint our joy. No tears or years of sadness will plauge us. It will be us in perfection for eternity.
This is the reason we have hope. Jesus is here, walking us through the trials of this earth, and preparing a better place when we say goodbye to this earth.

So what do we say to the mommy who grieves tonight? For the Daddy who cries? For the Grandma who's heart is aching?
We say this..
"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. I will be with you always, even to the very end of the age. " -Jesus. His comfort, and His words are the only words that offer hope for today and glory for the future. Peace for today and tomorrow. His words promise hope beyond ourselves, and a trust in the promise that no matter what we go through, He will be with us, holding our hand and standing beside us, holding us up when we want to fall to the ground.

"But Jesus came and touched them, Get up, He said, Don't be afraid.When they looked up they saw no one except Jesus." Matthew 17:7,8

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

I write this in honor of M. G. E.
Sweet baby boy, Jesus is holding you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment