About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When God Takes Over


It has hit me lately, that in our relationship with God, in this life, it's an "all or nothing" kinda deal. Not to be too black and white, but for lack a better description...it's the difference between life and death. Morbid? No. Quite the opposite. It's the most alive way to think. Let me explain.


"I have been crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live the body, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me."

-Galatians 2:20


Who I am today, greatly affects my eternity. If I live for me now, my eternity, will not be lived in eternity with Christ if I don't claim Him as my everything. Now, I recognize, people come to the saving knowledge of Christ at different points in life...and that is all apart of His plan for us! But when I am given the choice, and I choose either to live for myself, or to live for Christ, I must choose Christ, or I have chosen wrong. I lived in-between choices for many years...saying one, living another... never really selling out to either.

But Paul tells me in the above verse that "I" no longer live, but CHRIST lives in me...and He is my life, and He overcomes the "me" I used to posses.

It's a way of life...not a side-hobby...not a portion...not a piece...it's all, or it's nothing.

I do think that many "Christians" live in such a way that Christ can be just a piece of their life...just like the way their job is a piece of their life, and their time with their family is a piece of their life. God however, cannot be just a piece, if we are to truly live a full life for Christ.

That thought used to scare me, and if I'm honest with you, still does at times, but it's a healthy fear that I have now. The idea of succumbing to His will for us, in everything can be quite frightening because what, if we do not like His will for us? What if it doesn't feel right, or it's uncomfortable, and what if it causes us to suffer? What then?

The pearl in this clam is this: When we are fully succumbing to Christ's all in all, and His full desires for us, we can not imagine a life lived any other way, because we recognize in that place, the difference of where we were...vs. where we are in the center of His will.

When we are in the center of His will, the old looks just that, "Old.." and new in Christ feels so new, it's indescribable, and undeniably better. Anyone that has felt and known the difference, will testify to this truth I am claiming.

And yet, we remain in the old, in the self and in the "me" version of life for sometimes, much too long because of the fear that holds us back of the unknown of Christ.

It's when our earthly things, take a great importance to us that our heavenly things...and we choose our own version of perfection on earth, instead of God's perfect will for us.

The idea that God is real, that heaven is real, and hell is real, is not an idea most of us dare to spend much time pondering because it's fearful to us when we are not yet willing to give in to His will. The only reason it's scary, is because for once, we feel as though we have lost control. Someone else is steering the ship, and for the most part...I would have to say, that's a scary thought for us.

Well, I am here to tell you, it does not have to be scary...and if we, for only one moment could catch a glimpse of the glory that lies ahead, we would not only give up the steering wheel...we'd jump into the lake...and give up the boat all together. Knowing, God will meet our needs.

Do you believe He will meet ALL your needs? Because this my friends is what holds us back...

we are afraid, and we do not trust that He will take care of us...

But the fact that we even struggle with that thought, that I have struggled with that thought baffles me when I consider the message of His death on the cross...

The cross was real. His death for YOU was real. The life He promises us IS REAL. Eternity is REAL...and yes...Hell is real too.

Wrapping our minds around that thought is truly only possible by prayerfully asking for His eyes to see, His ears to hear, and His wisdom to understand. It will not by any ones "wise and persuasive words" that you, or I will come to the saving knowledge of Christ. It's by His power to reveal it to us...and we only to make the right choice...and hear. Not just listen, but hear.

Hearing implies understanding. And understanding, implies change and action. And Action and Change imply that life will be different. I pray Christ is the difference you feel...and trusting His plans, and His will for you, is the choice you make. Oh the wonders that lie beyond that choice. Friends...if you think you have no choice but to live the life you are in right now, think again. So much more lies ahead...when we are in the hands of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Taking action to make a change is always the hardest part! How I wish some days just to rule my own life. Thanks for the reminder to get back on track today!

    ReplyDelete