About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, July 23, 2010

When the Rains Came..


There was a song a while back, (way back when I was in high-school) :) that talked about a two sets of Jones's, one of them followed Jesus, one of them followed themselves. Rains came and tried to blow down each of these families homes...but when the rains poured, and wind shook, there one set of Jones's standing that day. It's a cute song on the surface but the message is deep and it was derived from a passage of scripture that has really held me throughout my long time of sickness these past months. Let me share it with you:

"Therefore, every who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. the rain came down, these reams rose and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet it did not fall because it had it's foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house and it fell with a great crash." -Matthew 7:24-27


And this has been my thought ever since I read this passage of scripture a week or so ago, the first time I was pregnant and ill, it shook me to the core. My life just about ripped up at the seams and I thought all was lost. THIS time when I got so sick, (and I have been much sicker than I was the past two times) the winds blew, and the rains have poured, and my ground shook beneath me...but my house did not fall down! Nor will ever, as long as I stand on the rock of Christ who is my strong tower and my shield, my great defense against the evils of this world and battles of the enemy. In Christ, when He is our rock, we will always have victory over evil and peace in the storm. I'm not going to lie and say that the wind did not scare me, and the rain that pelted, did not hurt, and the streams that rose did not reach up and splash, but all in all, I was held safe. My family was held safe, and my future hope was not cut off.


Asking ourselves this question: What set of Jones's are we today? Are we comfortable with that? Or should change be made? Is our foundation built on our own independence? Our own strengths to hold us when things fall apart? Or in stark contrast, is it built upon the solid rock hard foundation of Christ. A rock is a great analogy because with rocks, especially big ones...not alot will move them..and if your rock is the mountains of Christ...nothing will ever move them.

As I mentioned earlier...my life was not always built upon the rock of Christ...I built it upon the rock of "me" which in the end, crumbled at the first sign of real pressure. So I speak from experience here, and I can see the difference...I can feel the difference when my foundation is Christ. Can you?

1 comment:

  1. I've been tired of listening to my own running music, so I switched to some of Brad's playlists and he had "Two Sets of Jones" on one of them. I listened to that song several times...I even started the cry just thinking about how God provided for that one family and having a baby...I am so WEEPY! Anyway, thanks for the reminder today!

    ReplyDelete