About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fear or Faith?


As a Mommy...fear is huge on my list of things to overcome. I am fearful in many situations, regarding all things that surround my children, their health, well being, and protection.

The irony is this: God is not a God of fear. He has created us to fear one thing only, and that thing, is Him. He is in control of everything, God over all, more powerful than anything we fear, and still...I fear a possible unseen catastrophe more that the creator of all.

In these days, our world is most certainly in uncertain times. Wars wage everywhere...and at times, it seems as though the very earth is groaning. Bricks practically crumble beneath our steps, and foreign lands are coming apart at the seams.

I will not stay on this war-path of description for long, my intention is not to drag your thoughts down, but to center them on what's important. God, and His power.

His power is this: when we take hold of Him, trust Him, focus on His greatness, His strength, His abilities, and His powers, our fears of all things smaller than He, should pale.

I know the Lord is sending me a message for everywhere I look, read or listen, God is giving me messages of "Do not fear, and Do not be afraid..."

As I read through Isaiah, this is the message that the prophet is giving to God's people, and it's as true for me, as it was for them. God is always victorious, and with God first in our hearts, so are our lives.

I want to center my very being on that ground. In Him alone can I rest. In He alone is there peace, and In Him alone does fear disintegrate. There are many things on earth that can try and ensure us peace. Things like, alarms for our homes is case a stranger breaks in, 911 on the phone to dial for help, insurance policies, medical help, medicines, and the list goes on and on. But when all is said and done, and we stand before the fear that looms, do those things really help us? What if we can't get to the phone in time? What if the stranger gets in before the police arrive? really friends...what if...and you fill in the blank. The possibilities are endless, and there our fear itself breeds more fear to the point that we can become a shiftless ball on the floor.

Let me share with you how God is challenging me to pick myself up off the floor of fear, and look to the horizon of His protection, and really, His sovereignty.

God is in charge of all things. Good and bad. When a fearful situation presents itself to me, I KNOW with-out a shadow of a doubt that God is going to uphold me with His righteous right hand. That He will guide me through fearful situations when they present themselves. Why? Because He created me with the ability to put my faith and trust in something bigger than myself, and my own abilities to solve my dilemma. I was created to depend on Him. That's why I'm always looking to something for provision of safety, for myself and for my children, I was created to depend. I just need to put my dependence on the right person. My husband is strong, but when push comes to shove, man can be overpowered. My children are well cared for, but when push comes to shove, disease can strike. My walls of my home are strong, but when the earthquake shatters, so can my walls. What am I saying here? God is stronger than anything. AND when the walls DO fall, and child is sick and the thief does break in, God is there. And when the light of Christ is shining through us, fear does not stand a chance. Of course, we may have moments of doubt, but I have had the opportunity of watching some friends walk hand in hand with God through some pretty fearful circumstances, and my statements of proper placement of trust are ringing loud and true through them. They fear God, more than they fear their fearful circumstances, and God is bigger than their circumstances. He is holding them true, and strong through the mighty storms of life. I am humbled by their trust. And a world is watching and putting their faith in the God THEY serve because of it. God is bigger my friends.
This has been a lifelong lesson for me my friends...and I know God has much more to teach me, but it's a concept I want to learn because I realize our world is not going to get more stable...only more unstable...
"1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Selah) 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns. 6 The nations are in an uproar, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord; see what desolation he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. 10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth." 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (Selah) " -Psalm 46


Anyone feeling more hopeful? SO lets recap...God is the only one we ought to fear...and if God is our refuge, who has our best interests at heart, then the fear we have for the Lord is a fear (fear in the sense that He is bigger than fear itself) built on love, protection and peace. Suddenly, I feel so safe...so held...and I recognize my needs will be met, my children will kept, and my life is His. So rather than being fearful...I am left with the faith that Christ is bigger, truer and more faithful than anything on earth or in heaven. That's the God I serve... and He's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment