About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, February 6, 2011

GOD KNOWS


I've had this idea for this post circulating in my mind really since middle of last week, but it seems like each day God teaches me a little more about this concept, and I decide to hold off on writing anything so that I make sure I write you all the whole picture. Had I typed out my post last week when the thought first hit my heart, well I would have only had partial truth to share with you. The whole idea behind this idea is this: Much of what happens to us in our lives is probably not what we would have chosen for ourselves if we had been given the chance. Let me talk you through this, we may have a "plan" or and "idea" of how life is going to be, we make great steps towards making these dreams come true for ourselves, (right college, right spouse, right timing for children, right job, right....you fill in the blank) and then out of the blue it seems comes life's curve ball. You know, the event, the circumstance, the situation that changes everything. All then, our best laid plans slip right through our hands.

I am not saying this to depress you, for my hope is by the end you will have much hope in your current "Unplanned" circumstance that you most likely are living in as we speak. (or type)

I had, (have) many plans for myself, and as I blogged on before, that God obviously had different thoughts on for me...and I'm still wrestling through that, and most likely will be for some time. I know that God's plans are best and I give Him lip service in this, but getting my heart to match up with my words is proving to be more difficult that I had ever imagined. We want what we want...and it's always hard when we are told, "No..."or sometimes worse..."wait." Sometimes just getting a strait up "yes" or a "no" is easier!

From Isaiah I derived some feelings of hope as I read through Chapter 40, God gives His people a wonderful talk on how He will uphold them and great encouragement on how everyone who puts their hope in the Lord with soar on wings like eagles! This comes when we HOPE in the Lord. This hope isn't the kind of hope that says, "gee, I really hope that happens..." No, rather this is the hope that says "I have confidence and I will WAIT on the Lord."

That's where I want to be, with that type of hope.

It is said that God's ability to understand every situation and the needs of His people is unfathomable.

Which to me, means this: God knows what is going on in my life, and not only does He know, He's in charge of it, and if we were to be in God's place, seeing what He sees about us, and what He knows about our future, we would do to our own lives exactly the same things that He is doing in our lives right now. If only we saw as He sees. Crazy thought isn't it? But He sees so much more that we see, and really, what God knows, and does, is unfathomable to us.

Here is what I am finding for myself, if I truly believe all that I shared with you thus far, that who am I to question what I going on in my life? And with the amount of Love that He has for me, could I dare to imagine that He would bring something into my life that is not of His good purposes? And by good, I mean, best.

It's hard to believe that when things are difficult in our lives, and trust me, if anyone knows difficult it's the people whom Isaiah was preaching to in Isaiah chapter 40 in which I am referencing. Those people have almost been to hell and back, (most of it caused by their bad choices) but as they are running back to the Lord, who is being so faithful to them despite all of their sin (sound familiar?) and He takes the time to send them the message of hope. Because those who hope in the Lord will run and not grow weary, even young men stumble and fall He says to them, but those who's hope is in the Lord, those who wait in the Lord will rise up on wings as eagles. I love that picture. To someone who runs, the idea of "soaring" is amazing. Running, walking, enduring, all those things are good, but soaring...now that's more like it. And that is what He says we are going to do...when we hope in Him through our difficult circumstances, through our uncertain times.

Now I know this is all well and good to say, but to endure in hardship is very difficult. But let me tell you one more thing that Isaiah told His people to give them strength...you know at night, when the stars come out, and they pop out seemingly one by one to fill a big dark sky with light? Well, it says in Isaiah 40:26 it says this:

"Lift your eyes to the heavens: who created all these? He who brings the starry hosts out one by one and calls them each by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing!"


When I read those words let me tell you what comes to mind in light of my current struggles: He knows it all. He created it all. And He knows each one of the zillions of night star's names. He call them out one by one...and I still dare to think that I know better for what should happen in my own life? I know nothing. He knows all. I have to wrap my mind around this, and then say which being is more likely to do the best thing for me...I who knows nothing, or He who knows how many hairs I have on my head? I think I choose the latter.

It's not easy. I know. But it's where God has taken me and if I am to be hopeful in where I am going, (that which I do not know or understand) than I am to trust in one who is greater than I can comprehend.

Knowing also, that there is a time for everything as well...there is a time to dance, a time to mourn, I time sow and a time to reap. And God knows when each one of those should take place, and does so accordingly. Who are we, that you should mindful of us? Who are we, that you should even look our way? But He does, because He loves us. He loved us first and He will love us in the best way. And in the end, His plans ARE perfect, and as we trust Him, follow Him, Hope in Him, we have a life that is not only pleasing and glorifying to our maker, but also the most fulfilling for us. (not in mans terms of man's idea of fulfillment, but God's, which is better)

If any of this rings true for you today, run to Isaiah chapter 40 and be encouraged my friends... He has great words of hope to speak to your heart. And if your sitting there and saying, "YEAH, that's fine for you but you don't know MY circumstances..." Let me lovingly tell you this, I do not know your circumstances, but God does. And nothing, nothing, nothing, is too big, OR unbeknown to Him. He does in fact, have the whole world, in HIS hands. And I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment