About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Have a nice life




Isn't kind of odd that every time I talk with someone about what they are doing that day, I think, "that sure sounds nice, in fact, it sounds better than what I'm doing today..."




In reality, what the other person is doing most likely is not all that exciting to them, but to me, because it's not what I'm doing, it of course sounds more enjoyable. Leading me to think that generally speaking we think that our "normal" is really not that great.




Why is that? Why would we usually almost always, live someone Else's day out? Why does someone Else's plan always sound like a better one and why can't we view our daily doings the way we view other's daily doings? I think it boils down to discontentment. It's not that I am always discontent with my life, or what is going in on my day, I just find myself thinking that others have it better than me, or that their lives sound more exciting. But even as I write that out, it truly is another (nicer) way of saying, discontent. I don't want that to be said of me.




I have been blessed with much. I know the Lord has given me much. My children, my husband, my relationships with others, even my ability to speak, hear and run.




SO many things I overlook in my life that others probably would say, "boy, she's blessed."




Today I am asking myself, praying myself through and challenging myself to view all of the things I'd rather not do in my life as something to be thankful for. The fact that I have laundry, means I have more than one pair of clothes to wear. There are folks around the world who don't have that problem.




The fact that I am struggling to decide on what to make for dinner, means I have options. That's something a women in Japan isn't really have the option of worrying about as we speak. The fact that I have to fork out money for gas, means I have a vehicle to drive...and the fact that I have to change dirty diapers means that I have babies to be thankful for, and that is something 1/2 of the women in America can't have. I'm feeling more thankful already.




I realize that there is unpleasantness in each of lives, our days get eaten up by the folly that lives in the world, the sin that came when Adam and Eve ate a certain fruit...but beyond that, I recognize my main reason for hope in each day, and contentment in each day is that I have Christ. I have the biggest reason above all other things that fill my life up so full, He is the main thing that should cause me to be content. And do you want to know the very best part about this? He's available to you too. Everyone who calls on His name can be saved. Pretty amazing. That puts us all back on the same playing field doesn't it? Regardless of how many children you have, if you have a car or if you don't, if you have a spouse or if you don't.




The deal is is this, there probably is someone out there who you think just has it better, but if you examined their heart, they may be saying the same of you. What are your reason's for not liking "your" day, your agenda...your doings? Are they because they don't feel fun or exciting? Did they when you first started it? (whatever it is, i.e...had a baby, built a new house, bought a new car, married a new person) The reason is this, new stuff, new people, new places ALWAYS GET OLD. They always will pale in comparison to what Christ has to offer, and what He gives is eternal.




Now, it may not always be roses for you once your walking with the Lord, but I tell you one thing for sure, where you are with Christ will always be peace in your soul. And peace with your circumstances, peace with your children, peace with your spouse, car, home, LIFE... is always better then the next best thing. (or someone Else's thing)




What He gave ME is what He knew I needed. I love that. What He gave YOU, is what YOU needed. I love that too. What we have, will never be the same in terms of stuff. But what we have in Christ, is available to you, just the same as it is to me. Do you want what I speak of? The ability to wake up each morning and say, "thank you Lord for this, or that, or what's happening in my life..." I want that. I want to look at the rain and say, "thank you Lord for this..." and to look at the storm and say, "thank you Lord that you've equipped me to handle this..."




We can do that you know. It's not crazy talk. It's what's available to you and to me to live lives that are full, content, and filled with peace.




"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid." - John 14: 27








Have a nice life my friends with this knowledge.....




No comments:

Post a Comment