About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, May 6, 2011

Over It





Have you ever felt, "Man, I wish I could just stop thinking about "this". You fill in the blank for what your "this" is. It's that thing that you can't get past, that unforgiveness, that word that someone said to you, that situation that caused you trouble, that person who ticks you off. That is your "this". And my friend, it has to go...





So it is with me, I have been living with a bit of not letting go. Only in my case..I won't let go of my past. The person I used to be was so terrible, and I've had a hard time remembering that she's gone forever. That who God replaced with that old person is who I am today, and that He is constantly perfecting me to look more like Him. I am thankful to be this work in progress. I am thankful that He extended grace, I thankful that He took the old, and made it new. I am thankful that I am no longer stuck in the yuck of who I was. I am thankful for many, many things. And so with the recognition of all of that I am thankful for, it makes me more and more aware of the person I just won't forget, and it's the old me.





I want to let her go forever and say, " GOD has forgiven you! GOD has set you FREE!" And yet, the enemy who is oh so cunning, the enemy who longs to chain me back up in my sin of past, crouches and my door, knocking, whispering lies through the cracks in my skin, "you are not new...you are not worthy...you are not saved...you are nothing." Have you ever heard those lies? When you KNOW that Christ has set you free, and yet, and yet...we choose to listen to the whisper instead of the loud true voice of freedom. It's time I get over my old self, and live in the freedom I posses. Perhaps you feel the same way.





Maybe the thing that YOU need to get over is different from mine, perhaps it's an old broken relationship, and old lie you told, and old lie someone else told to you....a person who wronged you, or someone you wronged...





Whatever it is, lets get over it the right way. The only way to truly be free, and get over the things that hold us down, chain us back up, and keep us from living in the joy we already posses, is the lie that we just "can't get over it, and let it go..."
"it'd be too hard..." we hear... "who would forgive you for that..." the voice says..."she would never understand..." "what would I say??" "and how would I say it..."





the questions ripple like water after a rock hits the glassy surface of a pool, and they seem to be never-ending. Our minds are a flit and flurry of emotions and thoughts, and once again, we get lost in the depths of..."I can never get over this..."





Friends...I'm here to tell you, we can. And it's time. It is for freedom He set us free. And in that, we will be free indeed. Every truth from the Bible speaks of the change that happens when a soul lives for Christ, when a soul dies to the former self, and takes on the new clothes, the new countenance of who He makes us. And it's so beautiful. It's so light. It's so free. And it's so worth it. Are you questioning what I say? Are you wondering what I speak of? Ask the Lord, search the Bible, look for the passages on freedom, and you will see, in every situation, when the old goes, the new comes. And life begins again. Do you want your life to begin again? Are you tired of the old way? Are you ready for something new? something exciting? Something that "takes your breath away?" Well let me tell you friends...Christ takes my breath away. Who I was before, is so gone. It's so over. It was the moment I asked for grace and forgiveness. Who I was that I know He forgave..(and continues to forgive) was gone long ago. Daily He renews me, true....but He no longer remember who I used to be. IN certain cases it's OK to recall our past and say, "look how far we have come" but let us not live in the past. Let us not live in the yuck of yesterday, and if you are still wearing some of yesterday's yuck...ask Him to help you take it off for good. And each day, as the yuck begs to be picked up and carried, you and I can say, NO!! We are free of you. We are a new creation...and we are over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment