About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's the good stuff...




I feel a little speechless right now. Like, I will never find the right words to tell you all what I have written on my heart. All I know is this: God is sooo good. Read on if you want to know why.




"He has showed you, O man what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy, and walk humbly with your God." -Micah 6:8








Every time I start to flounder, every time I start to sink, when I turn to the Father for help, He's right there. Every time I get proud, every time I start to think I've got it together, I turn to the Father, and He shows me my folly, proves to me His goodness, and picks me back up again. Every time I feel a burden to heavy to carry, every time I sense myself beginning to feel overwhelmed, to small, or as though life is just too much to bear I remember this: Everything to God in prayer.




Today as I prayed for help, cried out for understanding, and sought His wisdom the lyrics to this song came to my mouth before I could even think. And I began to sing:








What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!


What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!


O what peace we often forfeit,


O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.



2. Have we trials and temptations?


Is there trouble anywhere?


We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.


Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?


Jesus knows our every weakness;


take it to the Lord in prayer.




3. Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?


Precious Savior, still our refuge; take it to the Lord in prayer.


Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?


Take it to the Lord in prayer!


In his arms he'll take and shield thee;


thou wilt find a solace there.




He is my solace... He is my peace I often forfeit, so instead, today, I'm taking it to the Lord in prayer.




Reading the words from 1 Corinthians and hearing His gentle voice to my heart say this:




" Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.... He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts..." -1 Cor. 4: 3&5








It doesn't matter if I SOUND good. It doesn't matter how OTHERS view me. What matters are my hearts motives. The things that God sees. So instead of being so prideful that I think that I can conquer any battle on my own, solve any problem in my own wisdom, make sense of any matter with my own knowledge. Think again O my soul. Rely on Him. Depend on Him. Bring it to HIM in prayer. Oh what peace I often forfeit. Oh what needless pain I often bear....just because I did not carry, everything to Him in prayer.




"For what makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did not receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?" - 1 Corinthians 4: 7




So I say, not in my strength to I bring anything, not in my strength to have peace. I have peace only when I bring it to the Father. Precious Savior still my refuge...I'll take it to the Lord in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment