About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

All My Little Holes




Have you ever looked at a honey-comb? The outline is always in place, but in-between there are many tiny holes. In the actual beehive, the holes are endless and the bees work tirelessly to fill them. That my friends is kinda what we do to. We are busy little busy body bees, and we are always working hard to fill up our lives, make them full, and at least "look" nice. Right? Who cares whats going on on the inside...*ahem* There is someone who cares about whats happening with on in the inside. And HE does care about how well we fill those holes, and just what it is that we fill them with.




Let me explain.




When you start out your life it probably looks a little something like this: I want this because I want this. It sounds good to me. It seems to fit who I am. It makes me happy. I am excited about this thing and therefore, we drop it in one of our "empty" holes. There. That's filled.




And we move on. OK, how should I fill up the area of "relationships" in my life? "Ooohhh!" That persons cute, and my heart flutters when I see them and they seem to respond to me too, and I think they would fit me, and I think they would make me happy, possibly more complete, and lets see..."Yep. I think they fit in that gap." Good. *dusts hands off* that hole is filled now too. We are making fast progress here friends! Good work right??? wrong.




Let me ask you this: When was the last time you asked God of all, Maker of you, oh, and of heaven and earth, what HE thought of how we fill our lives? All of our gaps?




We start out with just a thin small frame of existence, and due to our sinful, selfish natures, we instantly begin to fill our emptiness with things that WE think will make us be more whole. More filled. This is not how it is supposed to work.




Sit down with a pencil and paper. Yes, right now.




With pencil in hand, write in one column the list you think you decided for yourself, in your life. (ie) Kids. Husband. Job. Friends. Hobbies. Fun. Play. Sports. (you get the idea)




Things that YOU know you decided upon, not the things you counseled the Lord on.




In the second column write down the God-filled holes. (or what it is that fills the holes) and see what you come up with...(husband, kids, lifestyle, home, how you spend your time, money, you get the drill)




See you back when your list is done.




Done? SO? what'd you come up with?




How much did you find in your life that is God place, God designed, God breathed, God thought up? And how much of it was you? Are you encouraged? Or convicted? Inspired?




Inspired is what I hope you say. Because friends, the holes will only cease to be empty for eternity when you let God be the one to fill them. So lets say you filled your time hole with all kinds of junk. Things you now see are not things that God chose for you, lay out your list before the Lord, and ask Him..."Lord, what of these things are you pleased with? How can I start over in filling these things with things that YOU would choose for me?" Let me tell you how you will know that the way your holes are filled, are filled with things HE is please with. In enters peace. Yes peace like a river my friends. You sit there, and you can breath easy as you stare into that filled hole. It feels good. Righteous. Holy. Time well spent. A hole, well-filled. yeah?




Perhaps the problem with the way we fill our holes is that we don't understand His design well enough for us. What are His desires for us? How will we ever know these desires? By taking our un-renewed minds and giving Him timae. When God is in the center of all we start...things begin to fall into the holes in a way that makes total sense, and leave us at peace.




Here is one tangible example from my own life that I will end on.




Last week, I had one hour in which to accomplish some things. It was a hole. I had a way that I thought would be the best way to fill that hole. (some holes are bigger than others) SO as literally sat at the intersection, and prayed, "Lord, what way do you want me to fill this hole..." And as I prayed, the peace washed over me, and I turned right. Instead of left. It's that simple friends. He longs for us to ask Him about everything we do. Not in a legalistic way. Not in a way that paralyzes us...but in a way that allows Him to quite literally, direct our steps. To be Holy Spirit led...God approved, love by the Father as we willing walk out our day in faithfulness to His plans for us. That is how we fill all those little holes. As I said earlier, some holes are bigger than others..like "God, should I take this job?" "God, should I live this way.." or " God, I want kids, but can't have them...what does that mean???" Yes. Some holes are big, some are small, but quit being such a busy little busy, and stop. Take your busy mind, and quiet it before the Father who loves you and know whats best for you as ask for the ears to hear, the eyes to see, and mind to comprehend what the Holy Spirits next move for you might be. Friends, you are in for a real treat if you haven't done this yet. It is so amazing to feel as though you are really truly, absolutely walking in such a way that has His touch all over it. It's such a delight to the Father when we walk in His will. And as we ask in His will..that is where the power lies. That perhaps is for another post though. Lets start here and friends, enjoy your new found freedom. IN HIM!!! :) Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, and goodwill to men. (and gals)




No comments:

Post a Comment