About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, February 3, 2012

If Only To Be Full


The ache, the pain, the distraction of a longing not filled. Empty! Oh so Empty!!! It is true that when you are hungry, even what is bitter tastes sweet. Isn't that what Proverbs states? It also speaks of upon when finding honey, eat just enough of you will loath it. Both ends of the spectrum. Both bitter. Both something we face EVERY day. Know what I speak of?
Yes, physical hunger (not so much in America) is a problem, famines and withering are seen everywhere. But do you know what we Americans struggle with more? Empty, grumbling, aching souls. Pretend for a moment, that your going to be honest with yourself. I mean really. Be honest with yourself. Your happy? Fulfilled? FULL OF PEACE about who you are, where you are, what your doing, where your life is headed?? No? "Is anyone...?" You may mutter under your breath upon reading my question... Well...would you be shocked if I said, that I am? "Good for you..." You say. No really though...does that make you wonder..."why is she?" I would have wondered that if even just 4 short years ago someone had said to me, "I'm content..." CONTENT? What does that mean anyway...OK... You may think..."She has all her needs met, nice husband, kids...house...food...clothes.." You know, the usual things that makes someone Else's grass look greener. No friends, it's not that my grass is so green. OR that I have had all my hearts longings fulfilled...OR have I? You see, I have come to know that I really only long for one thing. Interested? "How can I narrow it down to ONE thing...??" You may ask. I do have an answer. This is not a self help. This is not something where you will walk away and say, "There...crossed that off my list, now I can be content." But what I have that fills my hunger..IS available to YOU as well. (If you have in fact found your hunger to be UN-met) My answer is this. You can be alone, in a crowded room, and be OK. You can be in pain, suffering and anguish, but know at the end of the day, your HELD. I can be in the hardest, most challenging, most frustrating situation but feel peace. I could be placed in a situation that would cause even the most patient personality of person to freak...and yet, it is well with my soul. HOW CAN THIS BE???!
He answers...EVERY time I call. He knocks until I answer. He sings over me. He delights in me. (and my soul in Him) He rescues me. He wipes my tears. He never ends. Never leaves. Never cheats. Never wrongs. Never steals. Never lies. Never ever ever looks at me in shame. He never tells me that "I'm not good enough." Or that I "should look different." He longs to perfect me. Make me lovely. Make me to be the BEST version of myself so I can be, all the things I just described. He wants me to be sanctified, but He won't sanctify me alone. He is with me every step of the way. He is the bread of life. The water that never goes dry. He is the stream in the desert, and the road through the sea. He is the answer to a Dr. when they say, "there's no hope." And He is the only one who could save me. REALLY save me. save me from myself. My sin. My flesh. My selfishness. My bitterness that I default to. My jealousy that comes so naturally.
Let me present this to you. Someone else, gets something YOU want. (that you don't have) WHAT DO YOU DO...THINK...FEEL? Anger? Resentment? Unexplainable rage? Yeah...I do to..when I act in my own strength.
DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPTION??? To not act in your own strength? But rather...to say.."LORD!!! I drowning here! Pull me out of myself!!! Make me see this the way YOU see this!!! I don't want to wither away in my anorexia of desire that will never be quenched.."
You know that girl...the one who is too skinny. That's what you look like in the spiritual word...what I looked like...I was trying to do it on my own...starving myself of the only food that would save me. Some people die from that disease. Some people die trying to cure themselves of the disease...and some people...find the way out, and get their lives handed back to them. What are you afraid of friend...?
Being over-fed? Are you afraid you will try His bread of life and then realize how good it is...but are afraid to sell out? Well let me tell you, as a former anorexic...I have never been more satisfied. WHO JESUS is to me, has left me more satisfied that anything I could have ever tried to satisfy myself with. He's it for me friends. He's all I crave. All I long to savor. All I need to be filled. You want this that I speak of?
OK. Here is what you do....Say His name. Is it not the most delicious thing you have have ever said?
"The Spirit (Jesus) gives life, the flesh (us) counts for nothing!!!! The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they ARE LIFE." John 6:63

You want to be full? Call on the only ONE who can fill you completely, absolutely, fully...filled. Never hunger again. Never watch your friends go out and wonder, will I ever be asked to go too??? This the is the who satisfies you MORE than an earthly pleasure, feeling, or satisfaction. Not that we still do not long for things of this world from time to time, we are flesh by nature. *son's of Adam... but we are the adopted son's and daughters of the MOST HIGH GOD and He will take you to a place of fulfillment that you never thought possible. If only you would ask. Ask. Honestly. Sincerely. Purely. With an open heart. Ask. HE WILL ANSWER.
"Give us each day, our daily bread." Luke 11:3

No comments:

Post a Comment