About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh So Frustrated



And boy do I like to talk about it! Yes, I have learned something about myself. I like to complain.
I commonly find myself asking my children, "Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you??!!" (why yes, you do, you say...you are the mother) But here is the thing, the Lord was absolutely tempted in every way possible. He went through so many trials, so many persecutions, and then of course, died. We, however have not yet resisted our human urges to grumble, complain and feel sorry for ourselves, to the point of death. (Hebrews 12:4) but we are given the power to. By Him.
Today is perhaps a day, that you need to tap into that power just like I need to.
We have the power of Christ on our side to resist the temptation to rage. Complain. Grumble. Get disappointed at our lives circumstances. Get overwhelmed. Get depressed (the normal day to day kind, not clinical depression) We have the choice to make these attitude choices. Yes friends, I said it. Those attitudes are attitudes I CHOOSE. I have the choice to in HIS power, resist the devil and flee the lusts of the flesh, and the lusts of the flesh include all kinds of negative outlooks avenues, and bad-attitude bunny trails that I constantly find myself on. I have to resist though in HIS strength, and none of my own. To say I can do it in my own strength is to mock the power of the cross and all it's grace. I will not do that. I continue to each day, get up and say, "I long to walk the way He wants me to walk." And even as I sometimes somewhat consciously make the choice to act in the flesh rather than in the Spirit, He always eventually grabs my attention, and realigns my focus and gaze with His. It's in THAT place that I once again regain my footing and find peace. Not one of us is perfect. But all of us can be made holy. Not one of us resists to the point of death, but all of us can resist in the power of HIS death.

"Thank you Lord for the cross. It paved the way for me to be victorious in the way I live out each day. Life's trials, circumstances and problems will always be, but you make me equipped to deal with them. I praise you for that. You Lord, are my strong fortress, my firm foundation, the Rock unto which I cling. I have no other hope but you and in your love and grace I can rest. I rest assured that you will guide me, instruct me, carry me, and keep me, until the day I get to leave this sinful body and be raised to life in perfection with you. O How I long for THAT day! What a sinful man am I! But in the shadow of your cross I am covered. I repent of my selfishness! My sinful attitudes, my thoughts that mind that have not been of Christ. Rather, choosing to allow myself to feel slighted, and as though I am being sold short of what I deserve. No, what I deserve is death. But you paid that penalty for me on the cross of salvation, so now I begin to choose to tap into the attitude of freedom. I repent. I move forward, and you affirm me O Lord in your grace, and love. Thank you Father for being my way out. My escape. My reward. My "all I'll ever need." I love you Jesus! Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment