About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Held


Today as I was sitting in church and listening to our Pastor speak on God's sovereignty, my fleshly human side wanted to say, "that's not fair" but my rational, spiritual side, said "who are you o man to question the living God of the universe who already gave you His very best with the death of His innocent son on the cross for my bloody sins." And so I quickly moved onto the thought that then, if what is happening in my life feels painful, then  I need to run to Him, seek His comfort and trust that what is going on in my my life is for my ultimate best interests. He always does whats best for me. I know this. I trust this. And I can live with the pain in my life if I know this to be true. 
So instead of getting mad at Him like I did for almost all of my life up until that past couple of years, instead I said, "Lord, Help me get through." And as quickly as I uttered those words in prayer this morning during church, I got this image:
A set of hands big enough of to hold me. They were HIS. I walked over curled up in a little ball inside the two hands cupped together. I have never felt so held. Never.
I stayed in that image all morning. Knowing that the hands of God that have allowed some difficulty into my life, also offer my best comfort for during the storm. I forget that He is here to help me through the things that I struggle with.
Just like in school, when your teacher gives you assignment that she knows will stretch you, but you are appalled at the idea of having to walk through an assignment so difficult.!!! And yet, there the assignment sits, no way around it. So instead of getting mad and freaking out on your teacher, what would be a better option? Oh yes, ask the teacher for help! And chances are, if your teacher was anything like mine, she sat down and walked me through, helped me, and showed me what I ought to do! She helped me through my difficult assignment. And so it is with our heavenly Father. He says, "I gave you this assignment because I know this will make you a better, stronger, more Christ-like person.." And we then can respond, "Holy Spirit show us how, Father hold me fast, and Jesus, get me through."  We need not walk through our trials in our strength. We were not made to walk through our trials on our own. We were made to need Him. He is our Master, our Father, our teacher and friend. He is the set of hands that holds us when everything in life seems to be chaos...He is the thread of peace that holds us secure in the midst of the storm. It makes me think of this song: Listen, imagine the image I had in my mind this morning and know that in Him, you are more than a conqueror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment