About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Woman In Her Home

That title makes you think I'm old fashioned doesn't it? I'm not. I promise. But I am beginning to have some the old time views that I used to shudder at, become more clear to me. (and entice me)
This life is chaos right? Can I hear an amen from all women everywhere? Even if children are not in your life, our home life is still busy. Lets face it, life is fast paced, and it's not slowing down. Or is it?
What if I told you life could slow down? What if I told you that you can enjoy making dinner? What if I told you that you could find joy in folding clothes? What if I told you that your "failures" as a parent are really just a great stepping stone for growth?
I don't consider this a self help speech, I consider this a word that the Lord has written on my heart for me, and I want to share it! When I find something THIS good, I do want to share it.
All my life I have lived in the fast paced lane. I slowed down only when forced to because I was either side-lined by pregnancies that were difficult, or by exhaustion. Otherwise, I was not happy unless I was moving. It was preferable too if the movement was done outside of my home.
It seems as though God has firmly told me to "slow down."
He has asked me to slow my life in many ways, to take a step back, and focus on what He has told me is most important right now. My family, my home, and some ministry inside my home church. That's it! No extras He says. Did I mention the peace I have right now? If I didn't, I should, because friends... the Lord has breathed peace into my every day life like I have never felt before. And did I mention how thankful I am that He stopped me dead in my tracks I was while running a hundred miles an hour down the face paced track of the life I was certain I would live forever?
Turns out, faster is not always better. (that coming from a runner is profound huh?!!!) :)
I have begun to realize a few jobs I have dangerously neglected. And not just neglected, but lost all joy in them when I did realize I had to carry those tasks out in some way or my home would cave in. So I would pull my exhausted, exasperated body from the floor and start to fold. that. laundry. (insert scary music)
Oh sisters in Christ, Don't you think Christ wanted me to be victorious in my home?? He did. And does. But I was moving so fast, I couldn't even stop to catch my breath to ask Him for help. I was just that tired. (and busy)
My three children, were with me, chaos. I brought them into my whirlwind. I had to ask for their forgiveness. My busy life was wreaking havoc on my home, my children, and my marriage. SLOW DOWN God said, and I have. SO now that I have room to breath, and I can see some things as the dust is clearing, I am not entirely sure I like what I see. Some things are in shambles. So I have begun to pray for the Lord to show me where to start. He started with putting a song of joy in my heart. He has lifted the heavy burden I put on myself, and with this song in my heart, I am finding myself humming while folding laundry. A job that used to make me cringe. And I am realizing, my place is in this home. Serving my family. Making sure my husband has a hot meal each night. And I made the meal with joy. My life is fueled by Christ, empowered by Him to breath life into the family He blessed me with. What a high calling. I am thankful that He slowed me so that I could see what a high calling it really is. I used to think that "just" being at home, taking care of kids and cooking meals was a downer??? (insert the just shoot me comment) That is how I used to feel. But now that I have taken a step back, I have gained some perspective. He blessed me with a husband to serve, (yes, serve) children to train...a home to warm, and make inviting for when my tired man gets home from work, and He has given me food to prepare for them. I GET to fuel my family, with home-maid goodness each and every day. And now I also fuel my children with a Bible lesson each morning before they head out into the preschool and kindergarten world. THAT is a gift.
I promise I'm not on the soapbox of the stay at home mom. BUT, I have realized the difference this earth shattering change has made in MY life, and the life of my family. It's a huge transformation. Now I know many of you readers have come to this conclusion long before God had to lasso me into stopping. But now that it's coming clear, I can identify with all you mom's who clearly have done this, this victorious mom life thing so well for all these years. So i'm a slower learner, but hey, I'm a work in progress. And I am so thankful that I serve a God who isn't done with me yet. Did I mention I"m thankful???!!! I mean really...really...gut-wrenching thankful. Fall on my floor and kiss the feet of Jesus thankful. I love my new found calling, (even though I've had a home for 9 years, a husband for 8.5 year and kids for 5 years, I guess better late then never huh?)  So mommies....this is your anthem, serve on. For His glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment