About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who I answer to..

As a stay at home mommy, I do not have a boss really, I mean, I work for family, serve them, and I guess you could say my husband pays my way...:) But really, who do I answer to?
I was giving this some thought because Jesus was in a similar place, (not that I am comparing myself to Him) but, I am saying, He answered to whom alone? God. God was His end point, and His starting place, His backboard and everything in between. I kinda like that we have that in common. You see, in my position as a mom, I could do all things just enough to get by. I could scratch together some dinner, (not that that doesn't happen once and a while) I could do things sort of half-heartedly, moping around, slothing my way though the laundry... that sort of thing, but I realize, I serve a leader who delights in excellence... I serve a creator who put utmost detail into everything He did, because He delighted in doing so. SO here is the catch...am I delighted? Delighted in serving my family? Delighted to wash the boogers off of my sweet baby's face? Am I delighted in the pure and simple fact that God made me with a purpose that makes me have reason beyond myself?
"We are not trying to please me but God, who tests our hearts..." 1 Thessalonians 2:4b
He is my end point. He is my start. He is my everything in between.
And I serve Him.
So my ministry is this: show people where-ever I am, that I love Jesus. And I don't mean with my words, note, I said SHOW. Show implies action. Show means walking it out with my existence, my facial expressions, the places my feet go. I am not in a Jesus box, I am in a place of co-existing with  a Father who speaks His love to others, hopefully through me.
Hopefully, my children feel this, as well as the cashier at Target. But it shouldn't be my words that convince a person I love Jesus. It should be in my very existence. It should be so organic to me, that the folks with me, will have a hard time finding where Jesus starts, and I leave off. Our writing should be so similar, one would wonder who was speaking, me or Him? That is how I want my life to be.
So when I say I want to look like the one who is mentoring me, I do. I want to be His twin, in my home, in my life, and everywhere I go.
The thing I have noticed, that has caused me to be very thankful, is that when you are right where He wants you, you find yourself being very thankful. Not that gratitude can't be a choice, because many days, we must CHOOSE to be thankful. And the great thing about thankfulness is that it breeds more thankfulness. So as you begin to list off the things you are thankful for that He has blessed you with, don't be surprised if you find yourself unable to stop the thankfulness list. I can only imagine how pleased this makes Him as well...
Think about how great you feel when someone says, thanks! And they mean it...
So as I go about the work I do, with an attitude of thankfulness for the role model who not only placed me in the perfect working place, but He also continually, constantly, shows me how to do better, and excel in my job. That is one amazing boss huh? Not to be cheesy, but I think He still has some mentor positions open...He seems to hire just about anybody, from prostitutes to handsome Kings, He apparently makes a job available for everyone who asks...( He will probably ask you to stop being a prostitute though if that is where your coming from) :) (I would guess He has work for you somewhere else...)
SO my friends, who are we working for? Who are we really working for? You may have a boss....and that's good too! You may have an earthly person you answer to, but do you know that even though you clock in and out somewhere else, your life with Jesus, your real boss is with you always and has some skill sets He is longing to teach you, encourage you on, and direct you in, if only we admit our need for some on the job training. I know I need it. My hand was raised before He even finished the question..."Pick me, pick me! I need your help! This life equation is really hard and I can't figure it out on my own...my pencil broke and my eye-sight is horrible...could you help me make sense of the mess I'm in??? And friends, every time I ask, and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I ask, He answers. Loud and clear. He gives me aid, He picks me up, and He sets me on my way.
My children are thankful He does this for me, as is my husband...what a journey. What a Savior. What a Friend. Thank you Jesus...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment