About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Facebook Status: Humbled.



If I told you that I was the most humble person I'd ever met would you believe me? No. I hope not. You'd laugh at me. I'd laugh at me. It seems that I have forgot something very important in the past few months. The importance of being humble.
When I forget humility I forget that I am not really that important. That God is concerned for me, but His world does not revolve around meeting all my desires.
Ouch.
Now, let me follow up by saying that I serve a very loving God who cares deeply for me and I truly believe His greatest desires for me are for He and I to be as close as we possibly can be.
His desire is for me to know Him.
There is so much for me to know about Him, the list is endless because He is endless.
He wants me to humbly gaze a the beauty of the sky and comment on His majesty, and glory. It's not that HE wants me to be a groveling servant eating dust, but He does want me to think of Him and His power on a moment by moment basis.
His glory affects my daily living. His abilities affect my life's wonder. He is all I should revel in, glory in and praise.
It seems however that I get that mixed up once and while. I start to think about other things, ya know? Things like, "I wonder what God will bless me with today..." Or, "Is God forgetting about me, because my day stinks."
This is not reveling in God. This is not humility. The described attitude above states that I think I am the most important thing. And I am not.
This thinking is so contrary to what comes natural to me. In world where Face book constantly asks me "how I'm doing, and please share it with the world.." Why? Because the world cares? No. The world does not care. I however THINK the world should care...because lets face it, I'm important. What I have to say is important.
NO.
The only time what I say is important, is when I say the words God has given me. "Speak as if you are speaking the very words of God."  1 Peter 4:11

This is a post on humility because I feel as though I have not come before God and man in humility and said, "Lord, your will be done in my life." Ouch.
Even Jesus prayed this. "Nevertheless, not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:24
Jesus was humble, is humble, He describes humble. Washes feet. Sits with the sinners. Sacrifices His life for mine. And He is my example.
I am humbled Jesus.
*tears*
"So now what Lord?" I pray? I ask Him this because I recognize how far I fell in my humility. I recognize that I have been walking, living, praying as if I am a BIG deal.
I am not a big deal. He IN me, that is when my life is something.
That is when my life has purpose.
Purpose is something that is hard to define as well. Purpose can be unseen. Jesus states unwritten hidden purpose in Matthew 10:42 when "you offer a little one a cup in His name.." this is seen as great in His eyes. Do you think the world really cares if you give a child a drink of water?
How many "likes" do you think you'd get on Face Book if you said, "offered child a drink," as your status. My guess is few.
My life has worth when I am wrapped up in Christ.
It's not about what worldly accomplishments I may have stacked behind my name.
" For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me, will save it." Luke 9:24
Much of my writing lately has had do with my (frustrations?) (struggles?) (Focus on?) (dissatisfaction with) what God has been doing in MY life..My life????
It's not my life. It's HIS.
I forget that soooooo easily.
"Forgive me Lord."
When I struggle, and I run, and chase after what I want with so much vigor, and I wear myself out to meet my own desires, I come up dry, empty and spent.
He who wants to save His life will lose it.
So how does one go about saying, "I'm done with this life attitude.."
I guess it's moment by moment.
It's done prayerfully. It's done with humility. It's done with the understanding that this life is not about making myself happy. God will take care of me. He dresses the lilies of the valley in all their glory. He will take care of me. He makes the sun shine, He makes the rain fall. He will meet my needs.
I would much rather have THIS be said of me, "I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do." John 17:4
My flesh made note that this doesn't sound like fun. And my Spirit responded that HE is my joy, my satisfaction and in Him I am filled to the fullest measure as I do what He has had planned for me to do since before the foundations of the earth were laid.
That is where I will find joy...peace and satisfaction.
And in humility, I hit the floor and from me knees I say, "Jesus, it's ALL about you."
I can testify that never have I been more joy filled, elated, and satisfied then when I know I am exactly where He wants me, doing exactly what HE wants me to do. This is worship my friends. It's saying, my life is about doing your will. Why? Because you Lord created me. You made me. And it's my greatest joy to do as you will.
And in humility I recognize that He saved me, He made me, He chose me, and He named me. All I have of worth is wrapped up in Him.
"So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ' we are your unworthy servants, we have only done our duty." Luke 17:10
And He says, " I no longer call you servants because a servant does not know his masters business, instead I call you friends, for everything I have learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15
Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord, and HE will lift you up.




No comments:

Post a Comment