About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Heavenly Motivation (Ladies)



"I'm not a very motivated person." I've said this. "I'd rather do anything in the world but vacuum or fold laundry." I've said that too.
Why are my daily tasks in my home so challenging?
My home is my workplace! But, my home is also my rest place. So I think sometimes I mix the two up in how they are proportioned, and if the balance gets thrown off, it begins to show quite literally.
I used to wrestle every day on "how I would get my daily tasks done..." And there are days I still do, but the battle begins in my heart you know.
I want to have a life filled with rest, and feeling of being on vacation all the time. I want to have fun all the time. I want to be completely rested, and enjoying everything I'm doing. (while drinking a Starbucks.)
Some of expectations are unreasonable, and some of them are attainable, they are attainable however not in my own power, but rather through Jesus.
"Pray about how I can get my laundry done?!" Weird.
No, it's not weird. It's amazing how it works.
Since I have realized that HOME is where the Lord wants me full time, I have learned to excel THROUGH HIM in my home. To accomplish the tasks He wants me to. To do them with excellence, and with even a bit of joy in my heart. (amazing huh?!)
I truly do not know when the change happened exactly, except that it was inspired by Him alone. I do not gravitate towards holiness, and excellence all on my own. He must propel me or little to no real change will ever actually take place.
For a long time I hovered in the realm of "survival" and this is completely understandable if you say, just had a baby, or your experiencing physical sickness, or your in the process of big family change, (home building, moving ect...) but, if you are simply living in normal every day grind, asking the Lord to expand your desire, ability and attitudes is totally attainable through JESUS.
I will never be better all on my own. I cannot grow myself. I cannot make myself be more. Only Jesus can turn me into the best version of myself.
Why is it that we as women aspire to have excellence? Because it brings life to our bones to know that we are living a way that glorifies our Creator! We truly do want to do our best I think, but our best is just a drop in the bucket compared to what Christ can do with our meager offerings.
Look at how He expanded five small fish and loaves of bread...do you not also believe that He can do this with our time as mothers and home care takers?
Our homes may not be spotless, and I don't think that this is what He wants either, He is also reasonable. But I do think He knows when we are attaining excellence for Him. Order, and peace in our home. Peace and patience in our hearts, joy and thankfulness rest here too.
These are things that bring Him glory.
He sees our hearts you know, and He knows what we need. He knows how to fill us and what to fill us with.
For a long time I wrestled with my natural calling and desires. I thought I would find more satisfaction in more rest time. And, resting can be nice. "I work so hard!" I would exclaim. I usually would say this when someone would comment on how the laundry had piled up, or how messy my dwelling space was. I was consumed with clutter, and disorganization defined me.
Slowly, God has taken me from this place, and put my feet on my solid ground. He has grace with me so that on days I cannot physically accomplish the tasks for whatever reason I know my Father is not pointing and shaking His finger at me. I do know though that on any normal day, through the power of the Holy Spirit I can accomplish all my home hands me and more if I call upon His name.
Some days this requires just digging in when I'd rather not, but again, I don't dig in or even lift a finger without first praying.
Any one is welcome to steal my heavenly motivation prayer.
Here it is.
"Lord, will you motivate me and propel me to do when you want me to do? You know Father what you want me to accomplish today. Hi-light for me what YOU Father think is important for me to do today, and give me the strength to get it done. " Amen

Isn't that a nice, simple, inspiring prayer? He laid that on my heart one day to utter those words and I accomplished more with His help that I would of had I consumed forty five cups of coffee. :)
(I also slept better that night knowing I had done things His way, and had not drank that much coffee) :)

He only wants our best you know. He knows our limits. He knows our ability. And then He expands both. Human limitations are overshadowed by His divine inspiration. And every day has the possibility of being divinely inspired if only we tap into His unlimited resources. I'm not suggesting He will turn you into superwoman (although this would be nice he hee...) but I am saying that through Christ you and I can accomplish much more than we ever thought possible.

We desire to live this way for a few reasons. One is because it's gratifying to live this way, to live for excellence, but also because it blesses those we live with. Our husbands  and children can arise and call us blessed,  (as Proverbs 31) states and we will see peace arise in our home.
Pray and ask God to help you check your balance, are in you in the home enough to keep the balance? Are you ministering to your family before you minister to others? Keep the order right, commit your ways to Him and watch as your little "olive shoots" around your table blossom and your home is a place of peace.

"Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table." Psalm 128:3

If home is where the heart is, then woman, lets guard our homes with our lives! (And He will direct us!!!)
Women, enjoy your homes today, arise in the blessing and the strength of the Lord, and watch as God takes what you could never do, and turns it into a feast before your eyes.
He is your provision!
Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment