About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, May 24, 2013

"It has to be JUST SO.."






It has to be "just so" or "it" won't be right. So goes my thinking. "If things don't go just as I have imagined it, surly it must be wrong then."
Thus goes the thinking of a self proclaimed control freak such as myself.
Anyone else ever had similar thoughts/thinking???
I assume I am not alone.
But is this thinking good? Is this thinking biblical?
I think not.
Let me tell you why I think so.
Expectation in and of themselves are not bad, but I, like many people have HIGH expectations, and if for some reason things don't go according to MY plan, (and things as they are, usually do not) then I rendered mad and of course, disgruntled....
Neither of which are characteristics that I would like to have attached to my person.
I once had someone tell me as I went into marriage, "Have great expectations.." And at the time I nodded my head and began to plan out my wonderful new life in my head. Only to find, only a fraction of what I had planned really came into fruition. And why is this?
Perhaps I was planning according to my will. My desires. Not perhaps, of course I was! I had my greatest wishes at the forefront of my thinking and I began to build my empire of hopes upon these wishes.
Well friends, wishes never got a person anywhere. Whoever came up with "wishing on a star" may have done so because they refused to believe that God was bigger than their wishes.
I wrote down my dreams, (which dreams and goals are good) and I prayed for them, I did my best to manipulate and squish my circumstances to fit  into the mold which I  hoped were also what God's plans for me would be.  All the while never considering that I should first ask the LORD what He would like to do with His creation's life.
Ever think about your life like this?
Our lives are God's. Really. They are. He is God, and what happens to us in our lives is allowed by God. This was usually a hard concept for me to settle with because I did not trust God.
But as I have fallen more in love with my Creator, and began to recognize His sovereign hand in all of life's comings and goings, I see why I ought to not only give Him control (that is already His) in my actions, but also in my THINKING. The power of the mind is undeniable. People can convince themselves of the craziest things simply by spending even small amounts of time focusing on any given thing.
A woman can convince herself she has reason to fear, simply by letting her imagination run wild with her, and do you know who is usually behind misguided thinking? The enemy.
Yes, He fights the battle in our minds. Where do unrealistic planning and expectations usually begin? Our minds.
I am not suggesting that every bad thought we have is the devil's fault, for we humans are sinful all on our own, but I am saying that the enemy can trap us in our thinking, causing us to become confused, frustrated and eventually discouraged enough that we turn away from God's amazing plans for us.
The Lord may have something so amazing but different from what I have planned for myself, but if I allow bad thinking to poison my mind, then I am rendered useless for any amount of time, until I get my thinking back in line with the word of God.
SO what's so bad about having great expectations? Nothing, and everything.
It completely depends upon and in whom you are basing your foundations of planning.
Do my plans begin with God's desires, and end with His desires? Or are my plans built upon some human thought I've had for myself and then propelled that plan with loaded human ambition.
Human ambition can be deadly, and usually ends us no where good.
Godly ambition on the other hand says this: "God, I trust you. I have confidence in your ways, your plans and what you say is best for me. I will go where you lead."
What a better, peace filled being I have when I do things God's way. He had NEVER steered my wrong, and even when I am in uncharted territory and new things that feel uncomfortable, I close my eyes, I rest myself in His hands and free-fall into the peace of Christ. Nothing is better than that.
Nothing.
Even though I cannot see, I know the one who sees.
Even though I cannot fathom, I know the one who lives on into eternity.
Even though I cannot comprehend, I know the one who brought the world into existence.

You see, our starting point of where the expectations begin, is essential.
If I start with God's word, His truth and His purpose, and I wait upon the Lord to make certain my calling, then what I get excited about, is a sure thing. For what He plans, is a done deal.
So even though I don't know the details, I know God.

"But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations."
Psalm 33:11

"And the most High Himself will establish her.." Psalm 87:5

"They will have no fear of bad news, their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalm 112:7

"The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46:7

"For dominion belongs to the Lord and He rules over the nations." Psalm 22:28

"Lord, I will not take a step without you. I will not plan a thing without you. And the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard my heart through Christ Jesus."
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment