About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Intercessor




"What an interception!" Says the sports broadcaster.
"We need to do an intercession.(intervention)" Says the worried wife of the alcoholic husband.
"I was intercessory praying for you all night.." Said the prayer warrior.
"I intercede for you day and night, on your behalf, for your best interest.." Says Jesus.

Same word. Different contexts.

I was reading in 2 Chronicles today and there was once a king named Jehoshaphat.. He was a good king, for the most part, he follow in the ways of the Lord, and he did his best to seek the Lord in all he did.
However, there was one thing Jehoshaphat did that was not good in the eyes of the Lord, he formed an alliance with one of the enemies of God's people. This displeased the Lord.
Jehoshaphat built ships to send cargo and goods to this foreign enemy alliance. God intercepted. God allowed the ships to crash, and the cargo was lost. King Jehoshaphat was informed of this by way of a prophet of the Lord, and the king saw his sin.

Do you know what I thought as I read this story? What a merciful God.
He did not allow the evil to take place, because God sees what is best. Who knows what could have gone wrong for the people of God if this alliance had been allowed to continue. And, also, how merciful that the Lord allowed consequences, but natural ones. He did not strike the king down with sickness, nor wipe him clean of his riches, rather, He simply intercepted the ships.

How many times does the Lord intercept for me I wonder.

Have you ever thought this? Those situations that we call "close calls" when we almost are sideswiped by a car, or one of our children is almost hit by a person on a bike, or our foot almost slips, but we catch the fall in time? How about when just today, my sweet small child tripped on the pavement and went flying, coming up without a scratch? Interceptions my friends.

I thank the Lord often for the things I know He does for me that I don't even see. The many times He holds my children safe, my husband safe, me safe, and the things that could go wrong, simply don't.

Sometimes it's the engine that breaks down, and I can't go to the store, so I say, "Thank you Lord." Knowing, there is a pretty good chance, He kept me from a bad thing.
How about those people who for some strange reason did not show up to work the day the terrorists attacked the twin towers? I'm sure you have heard of those stories.."They forget their cell phone and missed the bus, so they were late..." They gave their kids a ride to school so they came to the towers late, just as they were burning..."

I have heard these stories and I think, "God interceded on their behalf."

 " Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." Hebrews 7:25


I realize this taps into the unseen, the unknown, and the somewhat difficult to believe at times. This is where faith comes in. I do not believe in  "happenstance" or "good luck vs bad luck." I believe in the sovereignty of God, and the all surpassing control of the Father over heaven and earth.

I do believe He has total control over the wind, the rain, the seas and my life. And He brings things to pass as He sees fit, and I trust Him, and take Him at His word that He is working all things for my good, I can rest in His control, and His intercession. 

He is the one I call on first in times of trial, and the One I raise my hands in praise too when things go well in my life. If something doesn't work out, although I may be disappointed at first, I pray and ask for the strength and ability to accept whatever He brings my way, and I say, "Thank you Lord" Knowing He is doing what is best.

God does not always intercede in supernatural ways. In things like school shootings, drownings, and catastrophic events that we hear of or experience, but have you thought to consider the ones He does stop? When the child is saved before the drowning occurs, or the storm that dies down before the hurricane errupts? Or the gunman that is stopped? OR the abortion doctor that is tried and convicted? Yes- many babies died by his hands, (and an adult) but, think now of the babies that will not die by his hands anymore.

God is sovereign. God is good. God does what is best for us. He is just. He is holy. And We MUST trust. For if I cannot find the strength to pray for trust, I say in essence that I know better, and my distrust turns to fear, and my fear turns to a life that is crippled by self reliance. Self reliance is a cage and a trap. The freedom comes in the letting go of our need to be in control, and we trust the Father as a small child trusts their parents. God is the absolutely perfect, (without flaw) parent. He never acts selfish. He never blows up in anger over nothing. (as earthly parents can do) and He does what He knows is best. Truly best, for you. 

So instead I lift my eyes heavenward, I pray and I fix my eyes with His, and I place my hand in His, and together we walk out onto the sea. It is not always calm at sea but as long as my hand is in His, I am held, safe and exactly where I am supposed to be.

And yes, everything else grows strangely dim.

"Thy Kingdom Come, thy WILL be done, on earth as it is in heaven." 


No comments:

Post a Comment