About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Weeds In Marriage (It's not over)








Matthew 13:24-28

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.



Weeds can grow in a marriage without the couple even knowing when and how they were planted. The enemy can come in and whisper seeds of bitterness, frustration, and resentment. Before the couple knows what happened, their hearts are hard towards one another. Weeds strangle the plant from the root up. And in all honesty, some weeds look like pretty flowers, so the marriage garden can still look pretty on ground level. But underneath, death is taking place as the pretty little weed slowly strangles the root. Couples beware. Your enemy crouches like a roaring lion ready to deceive you. He will plant seeds according to your weaknesses and slowly cultivate a stronghold of separation in your marriage if you are not careful. As believers we need to always be on our guard against the tiny seeds the enemy can put in our minds. How then shall we survive?! You ask... With our ever present Help in times if need. But also through prayerful connectedness with one another. Pray with your spouse. Prayer produces a vulnerability before each other and God. I cannot count the number of times conflict has been detected by the Holy Spirit and resolved before the seed has had time to grow because we, " took it to the Lord in prayer." Can you not even put your fingers on what's wrong? Your advocate the Holy Spirit can reach His fingers in and extract what He discerned is wrong. So to ward off, detect and uproot the weed seeds being scattered in marriage we need to pray together as a couple, alone and sincerely, without ceasing. Prayer is like air, without it, you won't live ( be spiritually alive) very long! You and your spouse are not helpless victims. You are not a product of your difficult circumstances. Do not reduce your ability to thrive to circumstantial evidence. You are a product of Jesus Christ. Your marriage is a replica of how Christ loves His church. 
Recently my husband and I had a brief "weed" situation. Something came into our marriage that played on my insecurities, and of course, what the enemy planted twinged an old wound. Before I knew it my mind was running like wild fire. I was all bent up inside, thinking our marriage was backsliding and fast. How quickly our marriage does falter when I take my eyes off of my Savior and His truth, when we finally came to the bottom of what was actually go on, and we invited the Holy Spirit to come in and weed out our garden, we found freedom once again, and we rejoiced in the work of what He did. We delighted in the fact that what we were unable to do, the Holy Spirit did with ease. 
He is our advocate, our lifeline, and the one we call in and out of season. I do sincerely love my husband, but the enemy can cloud my vision with a mere moment of lies, and who I once was very attracted too and loved to enjoy my moments and days with, suddenly becomes the shadowland I want to escape.  It's actually frightening how quickly I can be swayed, and all the more proving my desperate need for Jesus's constant influence in my life and my marriage.
Do not be discouraged dear friend if you are facing marital conflict, because you have a Father who  is more than capable of healing any rip or tear you feel in your marriage bond.
Jesus is the healer of all things, and this situation is not too big for Him, nor Is the Father angry with you or your spouse!  You are both His children, and He knows all children fall into temptation and folly, so not only is His ability to save completely sufficient, so is His grace!  You are not fighting against flesh and blood, but rather the enemy whom you cannot see, an enemy who wants your marriage to fail in the worst way. The enemy hates marriage because it represents what the Lord has with His bride the church, and it's God's design. The enemy hates God's design. So thanks be to God that we have a God who's "arm is NOT to short to save." 
Take it to your knees, no matter how foreign it may feel. DO not give the enemy a foothold. Pray with your spouse, pray for your spouse and pray without ceasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment