About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, September 12, 2010

He's All I Need

I've learned a couple of things over the weekend. One of them being, He's all I need, and the beauty of that, is that He's right here. Let me explain...
As I have mentioned, life has been a bit intense for me lately, and with a trial I've been dealing with that has been physically exhausting, I found myself crying out the Lord, and saying, "This new problem I'm facing Lord, it feels a little cruel that you'd let me deal with it on top of everything else." Yes, I actually said.."cruel" the Lord. But I know He also understands and He hears my heart, so rather than lashing out at me, as I would have done towards someone who told me that I was being cruel, He met me right where I was at...
As I was driving the kids around in the evening, calming down for the evening, after a day of crying out to the Lord, a song came on the radio that struck me, and it talked about how God is right here...and then it hit me...
I've been asking Him why He's allowed what He allowed into my life, and yet I realized something completely different, that I was being sustained through my hardship. To put into terms all of you can understand, I was running on fumes, from my continual lack of sleep, and yet, I had so much patience with my kids, I was able to do all of my normal things and I felt peace. Most times in my life, when I've dealt with sleep issues, (usually during pregnancy) or right after a baby has been born, I'm a mess. I'm feeling out of control...and just plain miserable...now, I will not deny that I was tired, but the chaos that usually comes with insomnia for me, was not present. God was right there. And, He truly was all I needed.
So today in church I was convicted and encouraged that once again, the Lord was speaking to me through my life's experiences, and He was reassuring me that it was in fact He that was holding me together, always has been, always will be.
Sometimes, when life is good, all is well, and I don't have a trial, I forget this simple truth, that He is all I need...and so, I then go through sometimes as I am now, and I am once again reminded of that.
So I ask you my friends...is He all you need? Do you believe that He's right there with you? It's easy to forget, trust me. But you might be in a circumstance, much like I am, where it's impossible to coast, where it's impossible to feel as though you can do it on your own...
The reason you may feel this way, as I have, is that it is impossible to do it on your own and thrive..meaning to do more than "make it.." I personally am not comfortable with just, surviving. I want to thrive...my situation may change, or it may not, but if I am constantly waiting to thrive until things "get good again" than I am beginning to sing a song to the tune of the "grass is always greener..." and my level of contentment for what God has given me today, goes way down. I'm not saying it's easy to look at pain and problems, and say, "wow...that's great!" But we can look at pain and problems and still say, "God is great." Because He is, first, He great simply because He's God. Next He's great because we are never abandoned, and thirdly He's great because He is only one who can satisfy us, even in the storm. You may think what you need is to get out, but He rather wants to hold you through it. It's a different way of thinking, and it's not necessarily the easy way out. But friends, He's your best option, and if you have experienced His holding through the storm you will see, He's yours only option that makes any sense at all. We all are faced with the temptation to tell God that He's being cruel...and I have to think He gets that. But He's wiser, bigger and more knowledgeable than I and He knows what I really need. And so that's what I get from Him. He knows I need to be sustained, not always fixed right when I want, but I am sustained, and I see Him in that. (perhaps more than if my situation just instantly got better) So each day that I know I'm running on fumes, and I'm not sure how I will make it through that day, I can say this: "Lord, sustain me. Lord, You are all I need. Lord, I know you are right here. And you know what friends? He's right there with you too. He longs to sustain you, and He longs for you to see that truly, He is all you need.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! Yes Amber...I can truly say this tonight (after a long last couple of weeks)...He is truly all I need!

    ReplyDelete