About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seasons


As I was driving into town this morning, I was struck the simple thought on how life changes, life seasons come and go, and so does our normal...

Normally this time of year, my life looks different...I'm able to do more, and go more, but with how my body is in pregnancy right now, I have to cool it.

The season I'm in with my children is very busy, and anyone with small children knows what "busy" means. :) As my day began at 6am, and I sort of fought the idea that my day was going to begin at that time, I sighed, gave into my new normal and got up to meet the children's needs.

Perhaps the normallcy of my new normal is setting in, and just like an new toy gets old, so do new phases of life. I had much different expectations for my pregnancy than what has actually occurred, and the occurrence of those differences, has caused me to be more eager for the next phase...the next normal. A new season.

As I greeted a few gals at the gym they comments on their older children's busy lives...and how they never get to see them anymore. And so I mused to myself...every season has it's down falls, and every season has it's joys. Finding contentment in those seasons, wherever we are, has got to be the key. I might say that the phase I'm in is more physically exhausting and draining but the stage of teens and beyond, has it's own challenges...

I just have had such a challenging time staying positive through all the hardship this pregnancy has brought into my life, I've almost forced myself to not analyze my situation too much so I don't get too down. That's not really my idea of thriving.

So as the rain falls today, and my children smash their fingers in car windows, I have to go beyond the right now, and say, there is joy in my today, I just have to look for it.

Things can always be worse...and I know this. I have much to be thankful for, and before I know it, my season will change, and I'll wonder what was so bad about what I'm going through right now! Contentment. I truly believe that this is what it all boils down to. To compare life seasons, life circumstances and life's blessings with those of others, only causes me to shift impatiently in my place of right now. Perseverance through trials, focus on what really matters, and obviously, pray through my attitudes...and I am convinced (through experience) that God fulfills my desires for peace and contentment. If Paul can find contentment while being in prison, I can find contentment in my trivial issues of today. Some days, this may be easier than others, but when I focus on the goodness of today, I have less time to think about what "bad".

The very fact that I have a child growing inside of me, makes this season worth while. The very fact that my 2 year old, wraps her arms around my neck and says to me, "I love you Mommy." (spontaneously) makes my season of right now, worth it.

And lets face it, perfection is heaven, and we are not there yet!

So as you read this, and I'm sure you are finding yourself analyzing your season at hand, what can you be thankful for? There truly are times of life where we say, "this just stinks." But even in that, we are learning things. Trust me, I know.

Life on earth is a bit of struggle at times, this I know, but dwelling on our struggles, only makes them bigger, and when we cast our cares on Him, it's amazing how quickly the size of that care seems to shrink! So take time to find things to be thankful for as you rest in your current season, and pray though the things that are less than pleasant. Knowing all the while, if we can honor Him with our attitudes in the tough stuff...then we truly are giving Him our best...and living life the way that pleases Him. (which is why we do what we do)

I know, this line of thinking takes a bit of discipline, but I am certainly more content in my season when I think this way, pray this way, and live this way.

After all, this is not only the day that He has made, but the season that He has made, and we ought to rejoice in it...regardless. ( yikes!) Easier said than done, but this is why we pray!

Enjoy you season, and rest in the simple truth that He is going to give you His best for you, and it's hard to argue with Him on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment