About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Don't doubt me..." -God

Even with all of God's goodness, and how nearly every day, I see answered prayers, I still doubt Him. I still question Him, and ask Him if He knows what He's doing.
Why do I still have to face pains, and trials Lord? I find myself asking...
And yet even as I ask that, I can't help but allow my mind to be flooded with countless times throughout scripture where believers, solid believers, struggled. Don't you think Paul asked that as he faced all the opposition He did from the people that he was attempting to minister too? Don't you think that Jesus wept with disbelief that His loving Father would continue to ask Him to go through with the death sentence? Don't you think that Christians all over the world cried out in questions as they faced torture for His name? Yes. I have to believe that they did. Now my trials, pale in comparison to theirs, and I feel a little silly for even having mentioned my problems now that I recount all that others have faced...but yet, my pain, is my pain, and your pain, is yours, and it's why we ask God, "why?"
But I'm here to tell you...even when folks of old asked why? They still went on to praise His name, read any Psalm and you will hear David say things like, "and yet I will praise you..."
Do I do that? Not usually.
But The Lord reminds us in Isaiah, that He is faithful, that He who has promised is faithful and He will rescue His people.
"Do I bring the moment of birth and not the delivery? says the Lord...do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery, says your God.." Isaiah 66:9
What He is telling me here, is "Do I lead you through the desert, only to abandon you a mile from home?" No. Surely not. He will not abandon you or I a mile from home, and here is the point I make...a mile from home, is still not home. We are still struggling...even though we know we are close, (and sometimes we do not know just how close we are) but He promises us, He will not lead us into labor, and not allow the delivery to take place.
And then He says this.." As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you." vs 13
Comforting isn't it? He doesn't beat around the bush, He just says what He means, and means what He says. He will rescue. He will return. He will come for you and take you the rest of the way home. I know, this world can at times feel as though it is crashing in on you. But isn't in the midst of the crashing that we cry out for Him the most? That we recognize our need for Him most? I know it is this way for me. As I run on no sleep, and face all the challenges of my day I know it is only by His strength that I stand even now. Only by His strength was I led to His word rather than being led to tears. If sorrow floods in around you, and the big and small pressures of you life seem to swell up and engulf you, know this...He will allow your child to be delivered...labor will progress with pain, but in the end, you are left with something better than what you had before. The triumph of a battle won, new life has been created and you have learned something you would not have learned, had the labor process never began.
So if you are stuck in labor, and have been for a while...know this...your child is coming. He promised you that. I'm taking great comfort in these lines from Isaiah today, and I pray you all will too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber, so funny that we are communicating this way. I don't think I have your email. Are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete