About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Complacent, busy minds...


As a woman, my mind is constantly busy, thoughts running here and there, some of them are good, some bad..and lately, I feel as though they may be too complacent regarding the things that really matter. The things I SHOULD be spending time thinking about.

It's not just about Christmas, and the generic things that clutter our hearts and minds in this season...(although that's a good thing to reflect on as well) but where my mind is resting this morning is this: are my thoughts in the place they ought to be with the urgency of Christ?

I was reading through my Bible study on the book of Isaiah and there was one verse that popped out to me, where Isaiah is challenging the women of that day, because they have become "secure" and "complacent" regarding the things of God...(His plans...His desires for them...)

Obviously as women we have much that can clutter our minds...(ie..make our minds busy) but that doesn't mean we should stay there in that place... Isaiah went on to say that "in a little more than a year" (Isaiah 32:10) that the women would tremble and no longer feel secure..

And so it made me think..How much time do you think we all have here? I mean...are we going to be on earth for another 100 years, or is Christ going to return sooner than our busy, complacent minds can comprehend? And if He comes back sooner than our busy, complacent minds can comprehend, than what are going to do??? Are we ready for that? Am I ready for that?

I want my mind to be sharp, alert and always on the look out for things that the Lord may have for me to learn, see or do. So as I sat here contemplating these things it hit me...do I DAILY, MOMENT BY MOMENT proclaim His name WHENEVER POSSIBLE? Or, do I think, "Oh, I don't have time for that right now...OR...that doesn't feel very comfortable..therefore I don't want to 'go there' at this time.."Do you know what I'm getting at? We are with our friends, our family, or complete strangers and we here that voice in our hearts that says.."drop MY name here.." OR..."talk about ME now!" And we either obey, or we ignore it.

So, if I truly have the urgency that I spoke of in my last post, then what am I doing about it? What am I saying about it??? I don't think the Lord has called me to climb a mountain and preach like Billy Gram...( I will spare all of you) but I do think He gives me opportunities to overcome my complacency of heart and mind...and I want to be on my guard, looking! Watching! Waiting!

We are told He will come as a thief in the night...and just to help you understand where my mind is, I will paint you a very short word picture:

You are sound asleep in your bed...warm...cozy...everything is quiet and perfect...(and by perfect I mean all your children are sleeping) :)

Out of no-where you hear a giant crash from another room down the hall...unsure of what room it might be (perhaps your son or daughters room) you jump out of bed...your heart is pounding in your chest and your feel as though you can't breath..with sweaty palms you open your bedroom door...

Now here is where the story can either be good or bad, depending on where you stand with Christ at the time of the break in...

I'll give you both scenarios: If you are in right standing with Christ (following Him daily...seeking His will for your life) the thief in the night turns out to be your knight in shining armor who carries you and your believing family members off to a wonderful place with no more pain, no more tears, no more sorrow...where a sun shines out all fear, depression, and worldly problems. It's perfect there.

And on the flip side, if you are living your life for yourself, chasing after your own will, your own desires for yourself and giving God perhaps only casual thoughts on occasion then your story ends differently then the one above..

As you open the bedroom door with sweaty palms, you see a man dressed in black from head to toe...with angry eyes..and you realize, you were caught in a life and death situation with your guard down....your not ready....

Friends....if you heart does not rest with great certainty on which story scenario you fall into, then perhaps you should do some soul searching today...

I want my mind to be more than just busy with thoughts of my life right now...I want my mind to full of thoughts that HE puts in it...

It may take some work at first, to divorce the human thoughts that come so naturally to me, but over time, I know in His strength, I can think the way HE wants me to.

With such little time before the thief crashes though our windows, we must realize that there is NO room for complacency, No room but needless busy minds...

Be on our guards! Be watching! Be living our lives each day for Him as if this day is our last. Not in a morbid way, but with great assurance of where we are going, and great hope that we are doing the work, the only work that really matters for the only purpose that really matters, for the only God who exists.

Forgive me if I sound like I'm crazy, but friends, knowing where you stand today, affects where you go when the thief knocks down your door. We do not have room or time to be complacent or busy...

Isaiah's warning struck my heart greatly...has it struck yours also?

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Would you be interested in reviewing our title, "Why God Matters: How to Recognize Him in Daily Life" on your site?

    http://www.whygodmatters.com

    Best wishes,
    Nicole Langan
    Tribute Books

    ReplyDelete