About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is God In This?


This has been the "theme" of my life this year. I find myself constantly looking, searching, digging, examining and analyzing every single thing, person, experience and opportunity that crosses my path. What am I looking for? God. Is He in "it" I ask myself...

I know it probably sounds exhausting to you that I do this, but I feel it's what I am supposed to do... if I truly am here on earth to understand, learn all He wants me to, so that I can DO for Him all that He wants me to. I don't totally understand why I am here...but He knows why He placed me earth, why He continues to allow me to live day after day, and my purpose is in His hands alone...and I'm OK with that. I didn't used to be...I wanted to have control of my life, but since He changed me and transformed my life to be useful to Him, my desire is to have my purposes, be His purposes. His opportunities are everywhere, and I know there are more that I miss than those that I see, but the ones I do recognize I prayerfully approach.

Every day presents itself as a chance to be Jesus to others, speak His name wherever possible, shed His light wherever I go, and simply do whatever task He has in store for me, knowing all the while that if I say "no" to His job he's asked me to do, He will use (and bless) someone else..and I'll miss out.

I don't want to have you misunderstand that we are not unique to Him, because we are...but just as a side note, if I see a job from the Lord highlighted in my day, and I say No because it does not feel like what I want for myself that day, then I truly do miss out seeing the work of the Lord unfold first hand.

His purposes are not always known to me, but just as the verse says, "you will hear a voice behind you saying, "this is the way, walk in it..." His direction is always present, and that is where I find my peace...( and my agenda) for each day.

This can be done whether you are a stay at home mom, or a fire chief...a baker, or a writer, a teacher or a gardener. His plans for you are available to you anytime you ask...isn't that amazing?

Each year seems to have a theme for me...whether it be a year of trial...or a year to be refreshed, He is in it...and so are His instructions for my direction.

"This is the way, walk in it.." those words sit in my heart, dwell in my mind and cannot be erased from my lips. I love that about Him.

He has a plan, and He's asked me to participate in it...that alone is amazing to me.

So every time I have coffee with a friend, go shopping at target, play blocks with my children, or make dinner for my family I can look for His purposes in that event. It gives so much purpose to every step I take. Every move I make...(so the song says..)

Now, if you are walking a particularly "trying" road, don't be discouraged...( I know this is easier said that done) but my friends, on roads of trial, I have felt His closeness even more so than when I've walked roads of peace...and it's in these valleys of darkness that His purposes shine the brightest to me. Each year that the calender turns over, I feel that I have learned more of Him and my life has gained more purpose as a direct result of those things learned!

God is in absolutely everything...( don't be confused with what I mean here, I'm not saying that you and I are gods and rocks and trees are gods..) I'm saying His Godly PURPOSES can be seen wherever you look, if your eyes are open and your ears are tuned in to His design for your life.

I look at it like this...

God is a painter...in His hands he holds the brushes and different paint colors of life...

I am the color green...and He can paint me into whatever landscape He chooses...if He wants to used me as hints of green in an ocean scene, then He can... Or if he wants to paint a meadow, then my green color will be more prevalent..but regardless of where He chooses to use my green hue, I may not always know His purpose of His use, I just need to be available. To be ready to have His brush dipped into my life's color so that I can be available for His perfect picture to be created. I love that He considers me worthy of use. And I'm aware of how much of life's beauty I'd miss out on if I was simply to hard or unavailable for use...

SO, not be cliche', but as we approach yet another calender year, I find myself once again waiting in anticipation of what uses He might have for me.

There is no room for pride in His uses though, for I know, it's by grace that I've been used, and He alone decides what color He will paint with today...He knows best what color will fit in what painting, and the color cannot be prideful in that.

I simply lay there on the pallet, waiting for use.

I never used to look at life like this, but the reason I find so much joy in doing so now, is that now, whatever I do, as long as I am held tightly up in His hands, my life has GREAT purpose. And friends, without purpose in life, we will all find ourselves deeply depressed, why exist if you have no purpose for existence? In Him alone is their purpose that lasts. In Him alone is their a reason for a new year. As I write these words, I once again remind myself, and hopefully all of you, why we do what we do. Why we are who we are...and why we find joy for today.

I understand that their are poopy diapers that get plopped on your lap that may not feel like a particularly significant purpose for that moment, but my friend, if you did not change that poopy diaper do you know what would happen to that poopy child's bottom? It would blister, and become unbearable for that child. You have great purpose even in that poopy diaper. Your actions through Christ can shape/change and mold any situation for the better.

It does not matter what color you signify on the pallet, just be there. Just be available to the painter, and watch as your life takes on so much color you will not know what to do with yourself! Be available, be used, have purpose. Happy New Years friends!

1 comment:

  1. "Be available, be used..." I'm fighting so hard to quiet the doubt in my soul and believe this, and trust that things are happening for a reason...

    ReplyDelete