About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't be a horse...(or a mule)


The thing about horses, is that they have to be controlled by a bit, the horse, so strong willed, does and will not listen to it's Master unless the bit is in place. I used to ride so I know that this is true..

God tells us in Psalms 32:9 "To not be like the horse or mule, which have no understanding, but must be controlled by bit and bridle, or they will not come to you."

There are always situations arising in my life where the Lord is asking me to listen, prodding me to obey and waiting for me respond without having to put a "bit" in my mouth.

God ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS does what is best for us, because He is God, He sees what we cannot and wants to protect us from the evil that lies ahead that we are so blindly unaware of.

In enters the bit. (if we do not listen)

I had a situation last week where first I heard His instruction whispered...then I heard it a little louder...and finally it was shouted...it was shouted in the verse I listed above.

As I sat this past Sunday morning pouring over my Bible, looking for "wisdom" and "instruction" I felt as if the Lord asked me plainly "why I was still looking when He had already given it to me.." and in that moment my eyes fell on Psalm 32:9 and crumbled at the foot of the cross. Knowing me desire to go my own way, and yet still stamp His approval on it made me weep. As I sat in worship an hour later at church, I heard this lyric pass through my lips and I cried again.."Ashamed I hear my mocking voice, cry out among the scoffers.."

Every time I go my own way, I mock Him. Every time I claim to know more than He with my actions (as they directly contradict His words for my life) I mock Him.

The words of the song go on to say, "it was my sin that held him there..He died to pay my ransom.." I've never been literally in ransom position, but if any of you have, these words may mean more...a debt paid, a life for a life. Now that is love in the form of sacrifice.

My friends...let me tell you something that I pray hits home, this God I so often run from, gave it all for me..and for you. The pain we feel on earth as a result of our bad choices hurts Him too...the tears we cry when tragedy strikes without a reason, pains Him too.

"Yes Lord..I will obey without a bit...Yes Lord, I will listen without a bridle." Those are the words my heart is whispering as I stand before you all now my friends. I recognize, He knows best. What this world has to offer me is pennies in comparison to the rich treasure I will find in Christ. If these words make no sense to you, find a Bible, and open up to the book of John..it is filled with His story of how He was born for you, lived for you, preached for you, and eventually died for you. If my words ring true in your ears, praise His name, and start over! His guidance leads to peace, His direction to paths of the most joy imaginable. Is your heart empty? Is your house cold? Is your mind silently cluttered? Turn back to Him...and watch as the yuck leaves and peace trickles in.

That's what happened to me this past Sunday as I acknowledged my sin, and put my eyes back on the things that matter...the only thing that matters...Him, and His plans for me.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will councel you and watch over you.." Psalm 32:8

I urge you friends, if these words of mine ring true to your hearts at all...then stop, pray and listen...horses may be strong, but they are stupid...mules may be able to pull down a tree if tied to it, but they fight needlessly. This is not a good comparison my friends! Let us not be horses, let us not be mules...He created us for more that this! And for as much as He loves you, so He desires good things for you...and in His perfect plans, are His gifts of goodness, peace, joy even in the storm, and life-everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment