About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Everything


Well, that word covers it all doesn't it? Last summer when I was so terribly sick with my pregnancy, a dear friend came over to be with me, as she was leaving she looked at me and said, "what should I enjoy and be thankful for that you are unable to have right now with your sickness...?" I looked at her, and I said..."Everything."

I was remembering that conversation yesterday as I was praying and thanking the Lord for what He gave me in the gift of this little baby who is currently asleep on my shoulder...and also, what He took me up out of, and what I'm headed into. That about covers it doesn't it? Where we've been been, where we are...and where we are headed...being able to see God in all of those, and thank Him for all of those, regardless of what they look like? That is a goal is it not...?

I am not saying that I am currently able to look at the Lord and say, "thanks for my trials..." but what I am saying is this, His goodness is in all of it, someway, somehow. I ran into an old friend yesterday and I was once again reminded of this...she is not in a good place physically, but spiritually, she is soaring. Why do those two circumstances usually go hand in hand? Spiritually strong, and physically weak? It was true for her and is true for me, when I am in trial, the Lord is my rock, my strength and my everything. When I am physically strong and sound, I feel little need to take my every breath in His name..."I can breath just fine on my own," is usually my thought....

Am I alone in this? I think not...As I listened to the testimony as of late that God has been growing in my friend whom I visited with yesterday was not a testimony of how great God was because everything was great in her life, it was a testimony of a girl who took her every breath by whispering His name. His name, is her breath of existence. I realized how beautiful that was to me, and how much glory she was bringing to His name by her testimony of dependence. I was greatly encouraged by her...

God's goodness does not equate life's goodness. God is good regardless. I have learned that simple truth over the past year and continue to be reminded of it as I daily depend on Him now. This life we live as sinful man and woman, it's not easy is it? And if it's easy, (in your own strength) then you most likely are not getting the most out of life in terms of bringing Him glory, because if we are honest with ourselves, there is not a day that goes by that we don't face some sort of human pain. It may be small, but every day holds a little bit of challenge or trial for us, and I ask myself right now..."where do I go in those moments?"

Where I go, greatly affects my next move. If I run to a girlfriend, I might feel better for a moment having been able to unleash my inner pit bull at life's disappointments, but in stark contrast if I run to the word, the truths of Christ, I will start to see things as they really are, and how He wants me to see them is different then the way I can see things in my own narrow human vision. As I gaze into His face through the scriptures, light is shed on my current trial, and I can suddenly see more clearly on what I ought to do, and how I ought to respond to bring Christ the most glory. You see, as we bring Christ glory, we also receive peace in our current trials, for we are most at peace when we are doing what we were designed to do, and what we were designed to do, was bring Christ glory. I don't know the trial that you are in right now my friend, but I'm betting there is something that you are struggling with, and as you struggle remember this, even in struggle we can have comfort. Even in trial, we can have peace. It's not easy at first to run to Christ, it's not what comes natural to us...but it's what will most encourage us. He designed us to need Him, and when we run to Him in our need, we are filled in a way that the other options the world offers us for comfort never could.

I have tried these options and let me tell you a little bit of how it goes...you get the "news" and your world begins to spin...you might say, "I need a vacation" or "I need a drink..." Or, " I can't do this anymore..." as you act on any one of those, after you resurface from that escape, guess what? The pain is still there...

Try this instead...as you get the "news" say this...."I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord..." Psalm 121

or "though the earth give way and the mountains quake with their surging, God is within her, she will not fall, God will uphold her with His righteous right hand. God will help her at the break of day.." Psalm 46

His comfort is everywhere....we only need to open His book and read it....receive it, and allow it wash over as us comforting balm.

His comfort is greater than anything the world will give you...and taking anything else to dull the pain, is only selling ourselves short of everything we were designed to do, give and receive.

Sometimes we are in pain because of bad choices we've made, and sometimes we are in pain because we live in a world filled with pain. But regardless, we have a God who is ready and willing to comfort us...if only we ask.

So won't you ask today? SO much comfort is there for you...for me...

And beyond the comfort that is there, I see that there is another opportunity, that is all encompassing to bring Him glory...it's all encompassing because if my situation is not going to bring Him glory, then I am not getting everything out of it that I was designed too. He is everything, He is in everything, He created everything and He is apart of everything that I go through...why not give Him the everything that He deserves? He deserves my everything. ALL I've got. Why? Because He gave me everything....and I have a future in heaven that will be everything I've ever dreamed, desired, or lost. Actually, it's going to be more...doesn't that bring you great comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment