About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, April 8, 2011

Something New


Normally, I am stressed as a mom. Normally, I am annoyed as a mom. Normally, I do not like who I am as a mom, but lately, something has changed within me and I like it. A LOT.

I was staring into the sweet little eyes of my baby the other morning...(something I have become quite fond of doing) and it hit me, I used to stare into my other children's eyes the same way! But now they are bigger, and run away too fast for me to sit and stare into their eyes as I once did. But it caused me to feel a couple of things...one of those things was thankfulness for the time I had with each one of them as little babies. What a gift. The other thing it made me be reminded of is that each day I have with my children is a gift. Each little phase, each little step I climb with them brings me into a deeper knowledge of who they are as little people, their likes, their dislikes, and the JOY they bring to my heart, and God's.

The other thing that this new level of appreciation for my children has brought me is this: the idea that hundreds, no, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of babies are born (or not born) to parents who do not love them, want them or who cannot take care of them. And my heart is breaking over that thought. I read a story the other day where a baby in a poverty stricken country who died because his mother was unable to feed him anymore and he died of thirst. Literally. I cried over that for quite a while. And it has left me thinking...what can I do? How can I expand my sphere of influence to HELP. "I am only one person." That is why my mind tells me every time I want to do something for some of God's little lambs. But the change that started in my own home with the appreciation that God gave to me in my own children has grown to a desire to help whomever, however, wherever.

I guess I'm writing this more because I want to cause each one of you reading this to ask yourselves...what might I do? How might I help? Because we need only to ASK the Father to show us, direct us, and teach us where we ought to be, go and do. And He will respond. So I asked the Father this, and He gave me a very small answer, (one that I will keep to myself) but it was an answer none the less....and so I am going to go forward and act on that, knowing He will continue to open doors for me as He sees fit. He is not only a God of placing desires in our hearts, He is a God of showing us how to act on that, and do what He wants us to do.

It was with blind passion that Peter stepped out onto the water, and of course, as he began to doubt himself (because Peter was considering his own abilities rather than what God could do with him) and Peter began to sink, but WAIT! The Lord reached out, grabbed Peter's hand, and they walked back to the boat together. It's with that type of mindset that I dig into this new heartfelt (renewed) passion for children...(not just my own) and wondering, where might God lead me, (and you) in this.

Just stop, consider and pray. This is meant to be more than a pump you up, and then have you walk away to forget about what I've said...

Is there a hungry child on your street? In your school? Across the globe? whom you could help??

Seek and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened. Ask, and you will receive...

So seek His will. Knock at the door with expectancy of answers..Ask...and wait to receive the direction that only HE can give you.

Passion mixed with the Spirit's leading is a recipe for success in furthering the kingdom of Heaven...

"whoever offers a cup of water in My name..." and "Feed my sheep.." ring loud in my ears today. Consider this friends...as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment