About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, February 22, 2013

Insanely, crazy, over the top...


Insanely, crazy, over the top....
In love with Jesus.
I read a verse today that gave me a visual of who Jesus is for me. Thought I'd share it with you:
"My shield is MOST HIGH God." Psalm 7:10
When I think about a shield, I think about something that protects me from the darts this world throws at me. I think of the times I need a hug. I think of the times that I feel helpless. Alone. Afraid. Forgotten. These are the times when word picture is really helpful to me.
And my helper, do you know Him? It's Jesus.
Today the Lord reminded me a what a gift it is to be His child. I prayed this you know, last night. That I could simply experience the joy of being a child of His...and I have had that request answered in such a full way. I don't mind being vulnerable before you my friends because I want you to see the depths of peace that come from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
If I've lost my mind in your eyes that's a good sign. I'm so crazy in love and thankfulness to the one who saved my soul that I cannot think of enough words to express my love for Him. I have tears as I write this.
Assuming you friend have been in love before, the ache and longing you feel that rises up in your heart and throat, that makes feel like you might just pop if you don't get to see the one you love soon...? That's what type of feeling I praise Him from.
It's so easy to get lost in the worries of this life isn't it? Our human desires, our wish lists. Our "what if's and why not's."
Instead of sitting at the feet of Jesus and just simply gleaning all I could ever need from Him to be filled and satisfied, instead I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make myself happy...
I like to run myself thin in my flesh trying to achieve happiness. Or what I think will bring me happiness for that day.
This type of living is like sleeping on one foot of your bed instead of allowing yourself the whole entire bed to sleep on. Living this way is like counting off and eating only 5 kernels of corn when there are a dozen ears available to you.
The solutions I create for my own satisfaction are an almost dead flashlight in comparison to the bright sun He provides for me.
Christ alone can satisfy me.
But beyond the way He satisfies me I think about my eternal home... He places in us a longing for more of Him as we walk this earth, and a desire to be with Him because He is our first love.
I wish all people everywhere could know of His love...I wish the whole world new of Him, and experience Him the way He wants us to. (myself included)
Every once and while I catch a glimpse of the "what it feels like" to be right where He wants me. In those moments I wish so bad I could see Him...touch Him...bow before Him.
But I do know that someday I will get to be with Him for all of eternity and bow before Him, His real person any time I want...I bet I could spend a whole day just staring at Him if I wanted to once I'm in heaven.
Honestly friends I'm struggling to find words to describe the love I have for Him...I suppose people over all time and space have also struggled with this same thing I am now.
I suppose the best way to describe it is that there are no words to describe Him and His love that He has for His children which in turn, fills us with love for Him and His people.
I went from, "show me your will..." to "fill me with you Lord..." because when we are filled with Him, His power and love, we start acting more like Him...and chasing after the things HE wants for us. After all, we would do anything for the one we are in love with wouldn't we?
I pray my words encourage you friend, and cause you to hit your knees and praise Him all the more simply for who He is, and for the inheritance that awaits you if you are a child of God.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, and the things of earth will go strangely dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment