About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bankrupt




Anyone ever been bankrupt before? The bottom of the barrel has now been reached, and there you stand, looking at hardly a crumb of anything good. Even if you scraped and tried with all your might, finding something of any real substance would be a miracle.
I feel that way on the daily. I look at my life and what it is when I rely on myself to get through a day and I find myself staring at the empty bottom of a barrel. It's like a dry and weary land without The Lord.
Not to sound depressed, but I am absolutely astounded at how sinful I am. How selfish I am. How self motivated I am. I really am in a bankrupt condition without Jesus, my Lord and Savior.
My every thought is yuck without His intervention. My every move is selfish without His direction. I am lost and a hopeless case without, you know who. JESUS.
SO what can I do? I breath Him in, and I breath Him out.
I step forward in Him and I stand still in Him.
I converse in Him, and I hold my tongue in Him.
I think in Him, and I rest in Him.
My every move is His, or it ought to be.
I found a verse tonight that floored me. Here it is:

"When He looks at me, he sees the One who sent me." John 12:45

When I walk in a room, people hopefully do not see me, instead they who Jesus has made me to be. Hopefully, (prayerfully) I represent my Jesus so well, that He is the One and the Only that they see when I'm around.
I fear, I fall short of this high task most days. Many days, I realize I like to try and make it about me, because at the core, all man is self-centered, self focused and craves to see their own name in lights. I say this however not so I can feel miserable, and hang my head, I say this rather because it does truly reveal my Desperate need for a Savior. My Savior. Jesus. The only One who can sanctify me, and purify me through and through, day after day, moment by moment.
I cling to Him when I walk through the store..."Help me respond in the Spirit" I pray as I come face to face with the world. "Calm me Lord.." I pray as I try and manage my sometimes difficult children. "Help me think right thoughts.." I pray as I walk through my day and face all I face.."Calm my anxious heart" I pray as my flesh fears the worst about the things I fear the most. Oh Jesus. Where would I be without You?
Lost, alone, tired, and ready to give up. That is how I feel at the end of the day that I have tried to live in my own strength. I will tell you however, how I feel on a day where I have relied on the Spirit to carry me through: Hopeful. Thankful, Tired but grateful. Ready for whatever God has for me tomorrow, and mostly just thankful for His unending, undying grace.
Friend, do you find yourself in a bankrupt place right now? If you do, will you ask yourself (and The Lord) if you have been resting in your own ability to live? Life without His sustaining grace, is an uphill climb to nowhere. Life with Christ may have it's hills to climb (or mountains) but regardless, Christ is with you.  I hear those who have climbed or lived on the mountains sign *amen* as they read this. Jesus is the ONE and ONLY who can hold us fast, keep us strong and make us holy each day, every moment from now until heaven.
Doesn't matter what your walking through, crying out to Jesus in the midst of the moment is the only way to conquer and thrive, to grow and live abundantly.
Sure, anyone can exist, but who can thrive wuthout
His sustaining gracr in the face of divorce, cancer, death, lustful temptations, wrong spending habits, anger, addiction, you name it.  We all have moments throughout each day where we have choices to make, and am I either going to rely on Jesus or myself to make the pure and right choice that leads to abundant, vibrant living? I choose Jesus. Because let. me. tell. you...I have tried relying on me, and believe me when I assure you, I am not very reliable. I am not consistent when left to my own demise. But Jesus is! Thanks be to God! This blog post is not about ripping myself to shreds, but rather, a recognition of who I need to turn to in all moments and all times, for all my life. He is the answer. The only answer, the only one who works every time. Talk about a good solution. Jesus, paid the debt so I don't have to be bankrupt. And daily, He fills me up with all I need to survive, live and thrive. All I need to do is ask! And so can you.


10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

No comments:

Post a Comment