About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I won't believe that lie anymore!




Isn't it interesting how as humans there is usually one area in our lives that we don't like about ourselves or we would change if given the opportunity?  If we spend too much time contemplating it we get can get down or depressed.  This is because we are insecure in the flesh. It's the Spirit of Christ who makes us strong, and uses our weakness to bring glory to God, but we can not do this on our own. Time and time again I beat myself up over the things that I feel I am a "failure" in. This self beating usually comes on the wings of a lie that I have believed AGAIN. A lie from the pit of hell. A lie that the enemy  whispers (or yells) in my ear, and so begins my downward spiral. If the lie happens to land on me on a day where I have had my focus on myself instead of Christ, I believe the lie, or I miss that it's the enemy delivering the lie all together. "When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44
     There are days, when I truly honestly take the lie down, hook, line and sinker. Why? Because my defenses are down and I don't have my feet firmly planted on the truth. Yes, I am always a believer, I always have Christ dwelling in me, but that doesn't mean I can't fall. I can absolutely fall, which is why we are to have a 'mind set on the Spirit and His desires for us.." (Romans 8 ) IF I take my eyes off of Him and His perfect truth, I am in danger of being lied too, and believing it. If I get distracted by the world and all I once held dear, I can fall. If I pick up last years bitterness, and Satan lies to me about how vengeance feels, I believe a lie. There are so many lies that can be believed each day, and the enemy is relentless. But the word of God says that if we "resist the enemy, he will flee" (James 4:7)
For us as woman the lie may come in the form of a doubt she has in her mind, a fear, or an anxiety, for men it may come in a different form, like insignificance, or feeling a lack of control. But always, the lie is a lie. It's perhaps based on a thread of insecurity, and then Satan takes an opportunity to build on that insecurity until it's a full blown idea in our minds. A lie that we have believed, takes root and encroaches on us like a lion ready to spring. With a gaping open mouth the lie springs on our peace and devours us. UNLESS...we are deeply rooted in God and His truth, and even sometimes if we are simply too distracted to really learn what we are reading. It is possible to be in the word, but not really focusing on what we're reading, and to miss the application to our own lives. The word will change us as we ask the Holy Spirit to open our eyes to how it applies to us. The Bible is God breathed, useful for all things, teaching, correcting and strengthening us, but I am guilty many times of reading the word, and moving on without much personal application. Not really allowing the Spirit to move through the word I just read, sort of shutting it off by my distracted mind.
The issue I see with myself is this: If I am distracted, I am easily able to fall prey to the devils schemes. I'm not clear minded, and i'm not focused. I'm just too busy in my thoughts to really hear what God has for me that day. This happens on occasion, and before I know it, I find myself in a mess of confusion and wrong thinking.
Wrong thinking can also be a culprit for landing in the wrong place, if my starting point is wrong, so is my destination. If I start out a day thinking wrong thoughts about myself, my life and My God, then I will probably end the the day in total confusion.
My Spirit cries out for TRUTH! My Spirit longs for peace. And that can only be found in one place, The word of Truth, learning from Jesus, the One who knows all things. The God who created, and the Spirit who guides. It's not about reading more, so I can be in better standing with God, (as if man had anything offer) but it's more that I NEED Him. I Need His love, His words of encouragement, His life giving hope and peace. All these things that I gain from spending time with Him help me deflect the lies of the enemy like a bug deflector protects the bugs from hitting my car window. I often can't see the bugs coming because I'm going so fast, but the word of God gives me spiritual eyes to see what is really going on. If the enemy can get me to focus on myself, or other things, then he can also take my eyes off of Jesus and His perfection. My thinking strays quickly and my peace is gone like the sunlight at night.
The main point I want to make is this: Without being able to take the time to hear His voice, focus on His truth that is found in His word, and build myself up with the things that only He can offer me, I am an easy target to the enemy, for in my flesh I am so weak, and so is my ability to filter out bad thinking.
I want the thoughts of God in my mind. The words of Jesus on my heart, and I want the Holy Spirit to be the one leading me through my days. All the rest, is second best. And not nearly as good as what Christ has to offer me.
Hope when it seems hopeless...Peace when the peace would otherwise be absent, and joy where there should be grief. The Spirit helps us in our weaknesses! It's so mysterious how He works but it never fails, when I spend time with Him, I receive all I need for my day and more, including the ability to detect the lies of the evil one.
Left on my own I am helpless, but thanks be to God that He took an interest in my humble estate and sent His son Jesus to die for my sins so I never have to face a single day alone ever again. I am so thankful for Him...every day.

"And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet." Romans 16:20

No comments:

Post a Comment