About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Godly Sorrow..

I used to think being sad at times was bad, and whenever I felt sad I did my human best to get myself away from that place! Now, I'm not suggesting one stay in a place of sadness forever, because we do need balance, but feeling sorrow is something that is apart of our every day lives, and something no-one is exempt from.
There is such at thing as "heavenly sorrow." When we grieve for another perhaps who's soul is not with the Lord, and we can shed tears for those who are hurting..and so on.
Jesus wept. We all have read it. Timothy wept for Paul it states in the word... there are many situations where Godly people, wept.
I noticed a shift in my thinking here the past couple of weeks because I used to cry really pretty exclusively when things were wrong in my life, when they directly pertained to me. I have been sorrowfully pouring out my heart over the desire for a miracle for the healing of one of my friends children, I have had sorrow in my heart in the near past for those who are lost in this world, and for those who are truly walking a road of pain. The problem is is that I hated being sorrowful! I hated even feeling this way, even if was on behalf of others! But yesterday the thought hit me that in this sorrow, my heart has cried out, as the tears flowed, I acknowledged the difference in my attitude towards these situations causing me my sorrow. My response has changed. I used to be upset with God when these things happened, now I am tearfully pouring my heart out to Him to rescue. Anger is not there...sorrow is, and that's the difference.
In a situation perhaps where I would be treated unfairly, I honestly find myself praying for that individual, and feeling sad on their behalf they they are so unhappy as to lash out at me as they did...I also find deep-gut-wrenching sobs in my being for those I know who are not chasing after the Lord, and this week, I am pouring out my sorrow to the Lord on behalf of my friends who are dealing with their sick child.
I am not wanting to glorify sadness, I am simply pointing out that sometimes, it's OK to have these feelings, and when our hearts are not saddened merely by self-pity, the sorrow is also a way to glorify God...
To take a situation where we formerly would have been angry with God, or another and instead feel sadness about the situation, and in our sadness, cry out the only one who can heal.
SO the next time you feel the lump of sorrow in your throat, ask the Lord to bring light to why it's there, and ask Him also how you can still glorify Him in the midst of this sorrow, or even, with the sorrow.
Laughter comes, joy returns because this is how our lives ebb and flow, but when and if you find yourself in a short/long season of sorrow, the Lord is in that to. He's is the good times and the bad, as you have heard I'm sure...but knowing that HE TRULY IS THERE is that, and believing that, will help when it's the "bad" time your resting in.
Everything on earth shifts and changes. The only thing that does not change is God. Is the same always, and I'm learning to say OK to the feelings of sorrow, and allowing God's glory to still be shown through that time. I have spent much time throughout my past either shaking my fist at God, or questioning His reasons. I do not want to return to that place, for even in the sorrow, I still have a sense of peace. Because I know, like in everything, He's got this. He always has, He always will. And my anger and fear are better replaced by Godly sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment