About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Banner


I was sitting in church yesterday, and this thought struck me: I forget so often that God is first of all to be my "first love.." and that He is in everything that I do, feel, experience, love, play think, and where I go. And, that often, I do not operate as if He is.

The word "true" kept coming to mind as I was thinking all of this, and the fact that He is truth, (the way the truth and the life) it made sense but I pondered why Oh why, and how is it possible for me to continue to forget about Him, when He's everything?

I know the obvious answer, I get wrapped up in my own stuff of life. Things that seem pressing in my current moment distract me from Him, but how is that after all He's done for and continues to do for me, and I can forget? He must clap His hands over His face and shake His head at my forgetfulness.

There are moments where I find myself clinging to His every word, and moments I cannot seem to take a step without Him, and then of course I have times of the polar opposite reaction, where I seem to remember Him as I lay my head on the pillow. Obviously, the days where I can't take a step without Him, my heart is in more peace...and the days I walk around in my own strength, I feel quite exhausted as that day comes to a close.

I want to "bind Him around my neck" so that I cannot forget...to wear Him as a banner over my life. That's what learned this morning as I read my passage in Isaiah 11:10-16..

It speaks of Christ as He as a banner over our lives...

Is He a banner over my life right now? What is a banner? In my definition, a banner is this: something that makes a big statement. Does Christ make a big statement with my life, in my life and over my life? Does the banner of Christ wave over my head in big red letters? Well it didn't this morning as I woke up in all of my personal frustration! But as ran to my Bible for something to run on (other than coffee) I heard those words...and as my ponderings from yesterday came back to mind I realized how it all comes together for me. He must be my banner, if He is to be true in my life. If He is to be at the forefront of my thoughts, life and doings, then He must wave as a banner over my life. How do I stay here now? By doing what I did this morning, run. RUN to the word. Seek Him with all I have, and pray continually for His banner to wave over me.

Obviously the pains of my life, distractions and issues are not going to disappear from my thoughts, but they will be less than my thoughts on Christ if I remain in Him, and His banner hangs over my head.

So I ask you friends, what hangs over your head today? If your anything like me, you awoke with stress/fear/frustration and impatience hanging over your head. ( my children woke up at 5:30 with the new time change) But, I wouldn't you rather wake up with "thoughts of Christ" hanging over your life as a proclamation of the peace you posses? Yeah, I'd rather take that option. We can have that. It's available to you, to me and to all who run to Him and ask for it. I'm doing that today, and you can most certainly join me in that prayer today as well.


Father God...

Rise up as a banner for me today as you did for the people of Israel, assemble the scattered as you did for Judah, that jealousy would vanish, and my enemies would be cut off...

that I would not be hostile or jealous towards others and that you would dry up the streams in front of me so that I can cross on dry land as the Egyptians did, that this will be day of Remnant with you! (Derived From Isaiah 11:10-16 NIV)

Amen!

1 comment: