About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Joy thats missing...


I'm sure you've all heard the song that sings, "and the joy of the Lord is my strength, we bow down, and worship you know, how great, how awesome is He? Forever we sing, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, the earth is filled with His glory..."

That song popped into my head today after hearing something that greatly challenged me as I sat under the teaching in my Thursday morning Bible study.

Why that song? And what was said, let me share. This week I've been in slump, emotionally speaking, my head has been in stuck in this rut that was basically stealing all my joy. I was so overcome with the idea that I had to solve my own problems, RIGHT NOW...and that quite possibly, my solution was going to be better than God's. Uh-oh for me. That's a bad place to be huh? Thankfully, because God is patient, gracious and kind to His children, He spoke gently to me with words from His Word, and instructed my little wayward heart on it's wrongs, and showed me not just the folly, but how to turn from it. That is the God we serve isn't it? So amazing to me. He is God, huge, ruler of the cosmos, and yet, still concerned for my little wayward heart. I say that with tears stinging my eyes because the reality of it hits me in waves, and it floors me. The author of the word, is my teacher.

Anyways, back to my point, what I was doing was placing all my attention on myself for one, and then I was also trying to solve kingdom sized problems, with mans solutions. The two do not mix well...as I found out, and so out went my joy and in came fear and dissatisfaction. I just have to stop as a side note here, and say this..MY POOR HUSBAND! He has to walk this twisted path with me, and continually has patience beyond belief, and I just want to thank God for Him in front of all of you who read this, because I know I am by no means an easy person to live with. For those of you are are husbands out there reading this, take heart, and realize the job you do supporting your wives, will not go unnoticed, and to the wives who are reading this, take time to thank your husbands for their patience with you!

Moving on! So as I sat in my class today and began to pray, confess and ask the Lord for HIS guidance in this, rather than the folly of my own hearts desires...they lead me no-where but down! And I told the Lord quite plainly, "I trust you, your sovereign way, and you, only you Lord, know best!" And I mean it.

The other thing that steals our joy when we are in these places, or at least it does for me, is that when our eyes are focused on "us" and our own solutions for our own problems, we forget to do something that's real huge: praise God.

We may feel like there is not much to praise Him for, and sometimes, situations are so bleak, it feels that way, but friend, if you are there, take heart! God does not expect you to say thank you for pain in your life, but you can praise Him for who He is, the strength He has, and the promises your future holds! He has promised us heaven, peace, and eternal life with Him...

And that alone gives us at least one thing to praise Him for, and I know, there is more that will come to your heart as you tell Him your honest desire to praise Him in the storm. He is a God who cares for His sheep, and He also knows His sheep's limits. He has grace beyond belief, and understanding beyond our wildest imaginings. So don't for one second think that He is judging you for your down-cast face. He merely desires to lift your chin, put a bounce in your step and song in your heart, because the night lasts for only a time, and then comes the dawn.

This is the message I felt in my soul today as I listened to my class teacher, that my ability to praise, does not come from the circumstanes of my present situation. I will always have pains that come and go, but my God is forever, and promise of peace, joy and eternal contentment remain regardless of how the tides of earth change. Isn't that a comforting thought?

And the idea that as believers, we can have peace right here, right now. And the only reason we do not is because we allow the pressures of this world, the enemy of this world to come in and snatch up our peace and joy.

When I was at my worst at the beginning of my pregnancy, and I was so sick I could hardly lift my head from the floor, I had a hard time remember that truth. But through His words, and the words He gave others to speak to me, slowly even through the sickness, I found some glimpses of hope and yes, even joy.

Not by my doing! God is a God who cares, and He cared as I hung over the toilet so sick and unable to function. And now, He has brought me up out of yet another dark place, to let my eyes rest on His light, and His hope. And guess what? My trust in Him, also feels restored. My faith in His sovereignty, restored! My joy for the future? Restored!

His promises are true, and He is, regardless of my circumstances, worth of thanksgiving and praise! I am convinced. Are you? I pray my testimony is an encouragement to you, of His great faithfulness, and how the JOY of the LORD is my STRENGTH! (and yours!)

No comments:

Post a Comment