About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Heal my Heart


This morning is a big morning for us in our home. Or, it became a big morning. It started out like any other, I was sitting at my computer reading my email devotional, and the kids were watching Curious George.

Mid way through, my son looks at me as says this: "Mom, would you come and pray with me, my heart hurts and I want Jesus to heal it." My throat got that lump in it that every Mom knows and recognizes when her child says something monumental. I stopped what I was doing, turned off the kid's show and asked my son if he knew what that meant? To have Jesus heal his heart? My son looked at me with total honesty and said, "Yes. I need Jesus to heal my heart because it hurts, and I do naughty things." Now I start to cry. And I nodded to my son and said, "Yes that's right. When we are naughty Jesus forgives our sins and He does heal our hearts."

And then my son asked again, "Mom, would pray that Jesus would heal my heart?" SO I did... Then I told my son that all he had to do was tell Jesus what he told me. So my son prayed this simple prayer: "Jesus, heal my heart."

As the tears streamed down my face, my son sat there smiling at me. His big blue eyes full of what I can only imagine was a new hope that only a 3 (almost 4 year old) could understand.

The irony of this is that just this morning, as my husband and I prayed before my husband left for work, my husband lifted to the Lord the greatest desire of hearts, to have Christ be first in our children's lives.

We know this is only the beginning, and our son will have many choices in life, but the simple fact that he recognized his heart hurt, and it needed healing, is huge. (and that he knew where to turn to have it be healed)

I praise the Lord for this moment in our every day normal life. It makes what I do as Mom all worth it...the time spent, the tears cried, the prayers said, knowing that it is making an eternal difference in the life of this child. His child.

That somehow, God pricked my small child's heart this morning and welcomed him into the kingdom of healed hearts!

3 comments:

  1. TEARS on MY cheeks.
    I love you nephew, and I am so glad you know our beautiful healer of hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing to watch God work in the lives of our children!? :)

    ReplyDelete