About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Words To Live By




The Christian life can be hard...can I get an amen? BUT: The truths we NEED to have to live a life that is peaceful, joyful, fulfilling and God-glorifying is all written down for us...thank you Lord... And, in case any of you readers do not have the time to sit and look up each individual verse that will give you hope for your day, can I do it for you? It will be my gift to you, no work involved on your part my friends, just read on, let HIS scripture wash over you, encourage you and give you fuel for your day.... If a message of how to stay strong cloaked in love and grace from the Father, read on.








We first understand that we are sinners...(not so warm and fuzzy but vital for our faith) and so, once we have accepted this, we can read His word with and understanding that He gave everything (His life) for us, (sinners) because of His love for us, we are free. (that's my disclaimer)








But the scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin...so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe...Galatians 3:22








Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His son into our hearts (wow) the Spirit who calls out, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave to sin, but a SON! and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. (WOW) Galatians 4:6,7








But, now that you know God,- or rather are KNOWN BY GOD-how is that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? ( a call to watch our step, and stay strong for Him!) Galatians 4:9








It is for freedom that Christ has set us free! Stand FIRM! Then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1








But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope, For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision (going through the motions) or uncircumcision (not going through the motions) has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through LOVE! YOU were running a good race, WHO cut in and kept you from obeying the truth? (a reminder from Paul that this life is a race, and the enemy longs to step in and distract us enough to take our eyes off of Christ, so we miss out on the goodness of life with Him)




Galatians 5: 5-7








So I say, live by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (not because we are rules based but because we have found that this way of life is the most fulfilling, brings us the most hope for each day, peace and a heart overflowing with joy!) For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. (because what we want, is not what is best for us) BUT if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.




Galatians 5:16-17a








But the FRUIT (goodness) of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. (Don't we all want to have people in our lives with these gifts??) Those who belong to Christ Jesus have CRUCIFIED the sinful nature, with it passions, and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.




- Galatians 5:22-26








Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction. (no-one is exempt) the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap ETERNAL LIFE. Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:7-9








May I never boast except in the cross of our LORD Jesus Christ... Galatians 6:14








The truth is, that once we understand that Christ died for the ungodly....and without Him we walk through the shadow of death alone, and in HIM there is life everlasting because of His FREE gift of salvation, if only we accept that we are NOT our own gods, and we live for something bigger than ourselves, we will have all that God can bless us with and more. The peace that comes with freedom in Christ is greater than any earthly treasure we could ever hope to have. I am not saying this as though I've got it all figured out, and I am the most imperfect of all people. I know this. I know without Christ with me for even a second I can fall on my face, and commit the worst sin of my life. I am so imperfect, but by the grace of God, I get to live this life full of His goodness, richness in hope, joy and peace...and I get to live with the knowledge and understanding that when He returns, I'm going with Him. I don't really think that I can fully wrap my mind around what this really means, but let me tell you friends is not a matter of preference, its a matter of life and death. His goodness overwhelms me, His life delights me, and His joy encamps around my soul....my existence is one of worth only because of Him, and my lips will forever move to bring glory to His name (not because I am any good, but because His goodness lives inside me) Thank you Lord...and friends, I pray these verses encourage, challenge and inspire you to see yourselves as you really are, bought with a price, a gift beyond words, and our lives can be an offering to Him.

"Ancient words, ever true. Changing me, and changing you, we have come, with open hearts, so let the ancient words impart..."










No comments:

Post a Comment