About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Something Bigger Going on then ME.


If I told you, that there was something bigger going on in the world than me, would that shock you? Me neither, but there was a time in my life where I thought I was the biggest thing going on in the world, and I lived my life like that. (much to my regret) I spent about....21 years of my life, living for me. Around that time, it was brought to my attention by GOD that I was not in fact the only thing going on in the world today, and thus began my journey in faith. I realized that God did not create the world in 6 days (and resting 1) just so I could be concerned about what I would wear that day. I realized, God did not bring Jesus to die on a cross, so I could flippantly say, "thanks" and go on with my own life. I realized, that God wanted to know me, and every time I told God, "no thanks" I hurt Him. God is a being. And, on earth, in the form of Jesus, He felt. He felt all the things I feel today. Pain, Hurt, Joy and everything in between. SO, yes, God gets how I feel, because He's been there. I however was quite rebellious in nature, and rejected Him with all my choices. As I chose to do things, my way...I rebelled. As I chose to say, "I would rather live my life for me...my desires...my way..." I rebelled. Not everyone is as rebellious as I was...but I thought I was pretty awesome....(oh boy) so it took me a little longer to get it. 21 or so to be exact. Finally, the Lord got my attention. It's like God took my face in His hands...(so beautiful that He cares that much for His children, you and I) and said, "Listen here my dear, I think you are lovely, and you have lots of talents (THAT I GAVE YOU) and I want you to start using those gifts and abilities for ME." At that point I realized my life up until that point had been pretty much futile. Sure, I had some friends, a husband, a son, and a daughter on the way, but generally speaking, my life was about finding a good outfit to wear, and having the best day possible for me. I wanted a diet coke, a latte' and at least an hour to get myself dolled up for my daily walk through Target. (no joke) and of course time to get my nails done, and possibly if my husband was lucky, make him dinner. I'm not kidding. For real. That's how I was.
But OH MY GOODNESS. By the grace of God, I was able to finally see the light so to speak, and see my life as He saw it. He loved me from the moment He thought of me, before He laid the foundations of the earth the Bible tells me...He had me in His mind. (crazy) And that He made me, with gifts and abilities because He, (the God of all) wanted to use me as His instrument. To do works for HIS Kingdom...to minister to others, and be an child of God. A student of Christ. A light to whoever He puts in my path, and this friends, gives me so much more to think about than Me. Come to find out, I really don't think I'm all that great. In fact, the fact that Christ chose me, to use me, wanted me, extended me grace and forgiveness for all of my sins and selfishness...HUMBLES ME. It makes the "saved by grace" idea a whole lot more real, because I know I brought nothing to the equation but MY SIN. I was so selfish. SO self consumed. I acted whatever way I wanted, whenever I wanted, how I wanted...just as long as I was HAPPY...who cared. Well what is "happy" anyways...I mean really. Does "Happy" last? No. It does not. It wears out like a garment. It fades like summer...and it does not bring anything lasting of value. Now, JOY on the other hand, that is something I got in return for my acknowledgement of sin in my life. When I said this simple prayer: "Jesus, I realize I need you. This life feels meaningless all of a sudden, and I want more. Your Word the Bible says that you have more to offer. Can I have that? Can you use me? Can you take me from my selfishness and put me onto more solid ground? Can you take over Jesus? I don't want to drive this car anymore." Well then my friends..that is when the blinders fell off my eyes, and I realized that I was so empty. I saw my life for what it was. A mist. A vapor. Something that in 80 years or so would start, and end and what would I be left with? Dust? NO! I wanted more. And that is what God gave me. SO now, here is how I start every day. I wake up. I see light. (for which I am thankful for...the ability to see) and I begin to pray.."Lord...Jesus...Savior of my VERY LIFE...what do you have in store for me today...Help me to hear your voice as I read your word..SHOW ME JESUS what you want me to learn, understand, do for your Kingdom today...Be BIG today Lord, for I am small...needy...and hopeless without you. My solutions are nothing. Yours Lord, are everything. My plans, are pointless...but Yours O God are perfect because you see my days from beginning to end, and in that I can trust you will do what IS THE VERY BEST for me. " And then, onward I go. Now of course, the prayer varies in length...and there are days I never cease to pray because that day I am feeling that weak, but it seems that when I am weakest, I see HIS strength the most. Isn't God good. Isn't that an amazing thing He did for me? I think so too. You want to know something else that's amazing? He can do the same thing for you too. Did you know that? His gift of walking with Him on a day to basis and the promise of HOPE, JOY and a future in HEAVEN is yours for the asking? Don't you want to know that without a shadow of a doubt that you my friend will spend your eternity in Heaven? No, this is not a sequel to Star Wars. What I say is true. Gospel. Secure. And if this is news for you, then find a Bible, read His story and learn about HIS purpose, for YOUR life, and His plans, for you Future...and your HOPE for all of ETERNITY. You will NOT be disappointed. This is the best thing you will ever do for Him, and yourself. Go ahead. Take a leap...what do you have to loose? Just consider...there might be something bigger going on the world...then your day to day life.
"Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow, great is His faithfulness, mercy and LOVE!" - a line from one of my favorite songs Great is Thy Faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment