About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dear Skeptic,



Doesn't it sort of feel good when you know you have "justifiable" anger? I mean, it's undeniable, someone wronged you and you did nothing to deserve it? Doesn't that sort of put us in the upper hand corner? Don't we sort of enjoy the fact that we have been wronged and now it's up to that other person to prove to us why we should let them continue to be apart of our lives?
It's human nature.
It's our default when we rely on the flesh. We like to be right, and in order to be "right," technically that means someone else has to be "wrong."
There is much talk about different opinions in this life. We are all so creative, and we all are bent towards liking different things. This is good isn't it? Yes, but it becomes conflict when we decide that our way is best, and the other one's opinion? Not only does it not matter, I will tell them how wrong they are.
Of course what I"m discussing are things that are disputable matters. I'm not talking about whether or not Christ is real, or whether or not the gospel is still relevant. Being saved from sin and death will be relevant as long as we are breathing. It may matter to us after we take our last breath, but at that point not much can be changed.
There are probably two sets of thinking after I make such a statement as I did above...One set of thinking is this: Why must there always be a choice of heaven and hell? Why does God condemn me to hell just because I won't say "save me LORD?"
And the other set of thinking is in total agreement with me.
Difference of opinion but their is nothing disputable about the gospel. However, it is good to ask those questions, without the fingers pointing.
What is it that makes us point those fingers? What is it that makes the heat rise in our faces, and the lump appear in our throats? Frustration, feeling as though someone has told us that we were wrong.
But getting angry about the fact that we may be told we're wrong is not a reason to get angry. Instead, it's a reason to dig. It's a reason to explore. It's a reason to question, and even, pray.
If you are reading this as a skeptic of the gospel, I'm really glad your hear reading this. I've for so long wanted to have a moment of your time and make a suggestion. Your really smart. No one can argue with that. You know your stuff but friend, listen for a moment to what I say. All walls down, all frustrations aside, all preconceived notions set to the wayside, and ask, do you think it would be even possible for you skeptic to read the Bible for 10 minutes a day, and yes, pray and ask God (whether or not you agree with me that He exists  or even cares for you) to reveal to you something from the Bible.
The Bible is a big book of secretes. That's what I love about it. It's full of mystery just waiting to be discovered. The Lord is it's writer, and the Holy Spirit is your tour guide. Tour guide you ask? Yes. The Holy Spirit the third person of the God trinity takes you where you need to be and shows you what you need to learn. I love that about Him.  He doesn't just hand me a giant, ancient book and tell me "good luck," instead He makes His word known to me.

" But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26

Perhaps you feel like you could never read a book you completely disagree with? Do you know everything that is in it so that you know you do in fact disagree with all of it?
You may be surprised by what you read, and that most of your preconceived ideas about what's in the Bible is something man has relayed to you, but very poorly.
There are countless things that man says about the Bible that are wrong. Man is full of sin, and a man who is not walking closely with the Lord can easily take a belief that is man's thinking, and do a little gospel add on and relay that to you, and so contaminating the truth of Christ. What was given to you may have been the gospel according to that person, not the gospel according to Jesus. Which is why it's so important even as a skeptic to read it for yourself. Have you done that my friend? Have you dug in for yourself, as hard as it can be at times to read something that all your life you were told would condemn you to hell...call you a heathen and punish you forever.... (all things are said, but said out of context could gravely change the gospel.)
 We all want to show it to whomever it was that hurt us. There are a lot of hurtful things said, and in turn, there are a lot of hurt-filled people in this world.
And most of those people won't ever turn to the Jesus because the hurt that was caused them was done in the name of Jesus. (wrongly) So now the only real source of abundant healing and life is now considered out of the question for most people.
Dear skeptic, if you are this person I speak of, would you take a challenge? Could you read the Bible with a (prayed for) fresh set of eyes? Could you ask the God you probably wonder about from time to time to reveal Himself to you?
Could you dare to believe for a moment that there is a whole different world out there that is available to you in the person of Jesus?
Think about it. Saying a prayer will not hurt you, and no one but your goldfish will know you did it.

I can give you a little something you could pray if you can't think of anything, this is what I prayed one day when I realized there might be something more...
"Lord, I don't know you, but will you speak to me. Make the Bible come alive and be more than a book to me. " Amen.

Just try it, what do you have to lose.....

No comments:

Post a Comment