About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Equal =



Seems like today there is a lot of talk about "equality." And yes, we are all equal. What do I mean by this? My sin, is not greater than yours, and yours in not greater than mine. Do you believe this?
It's a hard concept to grasp, and most of us don't take the time to really do the heart work to figure out what this even means to us.
But I'll tell you one thing my friend, the Lord has been asking me to dig deep within my thinking and pull out some junk that has taken root fairly deep. The thinking of judgments.
It's is so easy to look at someone and think, "Surely, I am not as bad as that person over there am I?" Why is it that when we point fingers at others, we think by doing this we diminish our own sin? I think many a believer or non-believer has been sucked into this false thinking.
We are not worse, nor are we better than anyone else.
There is only ONE who is perfect, and that is of course Jesus.
When I fall into the thinking that either I am worse, or better than another person in my sin, I either magnify my "righteousness" Or I diminish my sin.Or I magnify my sin and diminish Christ's finished work on the cross that extended me grace fully.  Either way, I'm wrong when I think this way. When I diminish my sin, I say essentially that I, am better than all the other "sinners" throughout history. I dare not make this claim. OR if I  magnify my righteousness, I say that God's grace is needed, but perhaps not needed in such great proportions as "that person" over there. I dare not think this.
Either way, I'm flawed.
Jesus tells me I'm steeped in sin, Psalm 51 depicts deeply how we are born sinners from our mother's womb. Our mother Eve sinned, and as long as we are born of her and Adam's "seed," we need a remedy for our sin. We do not think, act or live righteousness on our own. Any good that is in a man is because God has empowered that man in that moment to respond as HE would have him respond. God is the one who covers us with His grace and mercy and makes us righteous before the Father, not by anything we have done, so that no one can boast in his or her own abilities.
So yes my friend, we are all equal, apart from Christ, we all deserve death. But thanks be to God, that He sent Jesus to be a pardon for our sin.
It is hard to imagine what this life would be like without all the judgments of our thinking...the way life was before in the garden, before the sin happened. Before the mess began. But God in His infinite wisdom knew man and for-knew man, that man would chose his and her own way. So He made a way out for us, and the way out is Jesus. We need however to recognize our desperate need for His saving.
Until we see our sin for what it is, the normal tendencies and organic condition of man, we will never understand the destitute life we live.
Sin makes us destitute, and my sin, is not cleaner than your sin.
Your anger is no worse than my lie. Your stealing is no different than my covetous thoughts. Your lust is no different than my lust. We all have sin, and it's all equal.
God does not look down from heaven and point to you or I and say, this one is better, or this one is worse. No, all He sees is this, "saved by grace," Or not saved by grace. There is no middle. There is no lesser, or greater. It's either covered by His grace by the recognition of sin and confession of need for the Savior, or it's not there because of not recognizing sin and not confessing the need for the Savior. There is no middle ground.  And our sin without Him? It's all =.
It's all the same.
Shall I say it again? We are all equal in our need. We are all equal in our sin. We are all equal in how we have the opportunity to receive grace.
Grace. Chosen. Adopted as God's children.
If this is a foreign concept for you, then dig deeper into the Bible, into the concept of grace, sin and your need for the Savior.

"Father, forgive me for all the times I look at my sin as less than others, or the way I so quickly judge a person who's outward sin's seem darker than mine. We are all the same in the eyes of the Father. SINNERS IN NEED OF A SAVIOR.
Thank you Father for your saving grace and thank you for you love, patience and deep kindness.
Thank you for equally saving us all. "
Amen.

"For It is by grace you have been saved, through faith--this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

"It does not therefore, depend on human effort OR desire, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16

3 comments:

  1. Its sad you want to talk so much about Sin, my friend. And sad that you make the equal sign black. It tells me you have not searched your soul enough, and looked beyond the error of human interpretation to understand something as beautiful and wonderful as different sexualities. It surprises me even more knowing you have a beloved family member you could talk to, ask questions of and understand. Its doesn't take much you know, although perhaps a little bravery and courage to admit your biblical interpretation is so very wrong. I came from your background, and I know the words you preach. By their fruits will they be known. Sin has negative effects on peoples lives. It must be confusing to see so many gay people so happy. Being Gay is no more a sin, then wither you prefer to be vegetarian or not. My life has turned around since I came out. in fact, so much so, that I liken my coming out to finding "Salvation". It was that amazing, and wonderful. I would encourage you to ask more questions and understand something very beautiful that you still seem so scared of.
    I appreciate reading your blog, and will continue to do so, but this one just made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, thank you for sharing your view on this subject. You have such a way with words. Miss you friend!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my blog! I love feedback! :) God bless, and I miss you too Cheryl. <3

    ReplyDelete