About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's Not Our Job To Change People (even bombers)



We all have difficult relationships don't we? How do I know this? It's simple. Relationships are difficult! All people everywhere, are different, and unless you are completely like minded with all people, there will be a day, you and I will cross paths with someone we will find difficult to get along with at all times.
So what about the people you don't really know, but they for lack of better terms, "drive you crazy?!" What about those people? People that are in leadership, or people who get their name in the news because of the bad things they've done to other people? How do you respond when those people hit a raw nerve in you and send your anger flaring? Do you act like a traveler who lugs his heavy bags around with him, a scavenger who collects things in bags? Do you sling the bag titled "anger" or "resentment" over your should and lug it around until you decide what to do with it?
Might I suggest a solution?

I know a guy, One who offers to carry our burdens for us. This offer is on the table any day, any time.

I have been know to lug around things that I am not proud of carrying. I have the habit of releasing burdens, but then picking them back up again because I forgot I already gave them up to the Lord.

If it's out of my control to make change, (other than spreading around joy and a positive attitude) then I need not try and carry around the struggle. I give the struggle over to the One who conquers sin and death, and offers me a better way of life. Jesus.

Jesus tells me that He will not only carry my burdens, He will give me rest.

So the next time I feel anger, resentment, frustration or fear even creep up inside of me, the second I realize I have uncovered old feelings towards a person or a situation, I need to once again, hand them over to He who is greater than this whole world.

Bottom line friends: It's not our job to change people. That is HIS job. We pray. We give people over to the Lord in our prayers and we live there until He says something different.

Hate breads hate. Prayer is a good antidote for hate. Loving those who hate us is impossible in our power. Praying for those who hate is only possible through Jesus. Praying for those who set bombs off, or abort babies or take your "hard earned money away in taxes," or make choices for your country that are contrary to the convictions the country was first founded on....yes, praying for these types of things are EXACTLY what we are to do. Prayer is our best offends, and defense. It clothes us with strength, and it arms us with responses that are pleasing to the Father.
Prayer calms and soothes our anger. I cannot stay mad when I pray, Jesus simply calms me like no other person can or ever could.

There will be people who adamantly oppose you. Pray for them. There will be people who are rude, or ridicule you. Pray for them. There will be people who make you feel crazy. Pray for them. There will be people who you wish you could change. YOU can't. But, HE can. So pray for them. Pray HIS will be done in their lives. And then let God take of the rest.

The other antidote for frustrations is asking God to help you see what He needs to change in YOU. Focusing  on others can actually breed more frustration. Focusing on the work God is doing in our own hearts and lives causes us to realize we are ALL sinners in need of Savior. ALL of us is sinful. There is NOT one of us who is perfect. None of us have "arrived" in our sanctification process.

God's work is to work on us. Lets ask Him how He wants to use us, grow us up, change us and make us into better versions of ourselves. This comes with more and more dependence on Him. And less and less focus on others, and how they "bug" us.

If we want to stop the cycle of frustration, we should stop pointing out other's flaws. Ask God to gently shape and direct you so you can be a better witness. Be a better friend. A more loving, honest, truthful friend. A better mother, a more patient wife. It's not our job to worry about trying to be someone else's "Holy Spirit." Let the Holy Spirit do His job, and we can follow His direction.

If the Holy Spirit wants to use us, He will show us how He wants to use us. There will not be a doubt in this. If the Lord has a job for us, He will tell us what it is, and we will know that it's from Him. Our job is to believe on the One He sent. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Love God. And love others.

AND PRAY!!!!

Pray for abortion doctors. Pray for your foes on Facebook. Pray for your countries leaders. Pray for your family. Pray for those you struggle with. And pray for your own personal growth. Prayer is the answer for all things. And HE WILL answer those prayers in His perfect, flawless timing and sovereignty. God is good. All the time. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment