About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shall We Talk About Success?



In all sincerity, doesn't it seem like life is going to go on forever?
It  does feel that way! It's hard to imagine that "we" will ever die. It's hard to believe that some day, at some point I will in fact take my last breath.
It's hard to "see" what we cannot see. It's hard to imagine what we cannot fathom.
We know life is fragile. And we know it's temporary, why then to do we keep striving for better and living for more if it's just going to end soon?
Depressing thoughts? Nope. Just the way my mind works through things!
These days will end.
This time your in will not last forever. Your strength will not last forever, nor will your ability to go and be and do. What then?
Is our peace based on, or wrapped up in our ability to be self sufficient or reliant? Is our hope based on the fact that we still have "time" in our future for exciting things to happen? Or is our peace and hope based and built upon something or rather, someone ETERNAL.
Hebrews 13:8 says this about our Lord,
"He is the same yesterday, today and forever."

Nice to know isn't it? That Jesus never changes. Never fades, and never get's too old to function on our behalf?
Our bodies are in fact temporary, and they do fade. They fade slowly till the end!
This is why the world craves things that promise them "younger life." Older men trade in their older wives for younger upgrades, people climb all kinds of success ladders so that they feel accomplished in their accomplishments. And of course we buy, buy, buy our way to promised happiness. This is all in the name of "enjoying life as long as you can.." All in the name of "youth."
Live while you can right?
Wrong.
What is wrong with this thinking? Other than being completely selfish, it's not really gratifying. AND, it fades.
No one but Jesus is eternal. And so wouldn't it makes sense to base your life upon the one person that we for sure lasts and lasts?
Many people try their hardest to disprove, or discredit the validity of the Word. They do this because they want very badly to show that the "foolishness of Christ" is wrong, so they can chase after their own desires and wishes. They do this because they cannot shake the shadow of the truth that is always there no matter what they do.
I remember many days before I gave up trying to do things myself, on those days I would often hear voices of truth, and would do my best to shake them. So I could go on spending my money as I pleased, partying as I wanted to and I could do whatever my flesh desired. I could live for me.
But there was one thing I could not shake, the reality that there was a person who promised to LOVE me no matter what. A person who promised to stick by me no matter what. A person who said He would never leave me nor forsake me. There was a person who promised me that if I would take a leap, and place my trust in Him, He would catch me. And if I ever slipped and fell down after going my own way again, He'd meet me down in the dirt and pick me back up again.
He truly is the only ONE who lasts, and lasts.
The only pleasure we can experience day in and day out with fail.. He is always there in the power of His word, through the guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, and through the gentle words The Father speaks to us.
We are children, who need direction.
10 years ago if you had asked me how I felt about humbling myself and surrendering "my will," I'd say, "your a nut job." (seriously)
But now, as I have tasted the truth, and the reality of the truth, I recognize there is NO other way for life without end, and a life that has real purpose. A life with purpose is something the world tells us that we can achieve on our own. "Do enough." It says. "Get enough people to know your name." "Your name in lights," "Power, and influence so you can do "good" for the masses."
Christ tells us if we are do anything good, it must be done THROUGH HIM.
" All our acts of righteousness are as filthy rags.." Isaiah 64:6b

And the only acts that will be "imperishable" are the ones done in the Spirit. (with His guidance)

Have you heard this?  The only "works" that last are the works that are done IN HIS strength, for HIS glory, for HIS purpose as HE uses us. God wants us to do our best for His Kingdom and for His glory. He wants us to play out our gifts and abilities to the best of our God given ability to live in such a way that says, "I live for the fame and Glory of the King of Kings!"
Not exactly a popular opinion these days.
But just for a moment, consider that the self sufficient ways of the world are not right. Consider for a moment that the Bible is true. Now what?
What does one do?
If what I have shared challenges you in any way, I would ask you to stop, think and pray. Pray to an unseen, (but felt) God. Pray to the ONE who knew YOU before you WERE.
There is no, "what if's" with Jesus. He is certain. I never wonder if I am where I am supposed to be. I always know I am because I know if I'm not supposed to be where I am, He'll move me! :) :) :) I love this about HIM!!!
Jesus is the only eternal, never fading, always present source that never fails to fulfill, and never fails to uphold, uplift and instruct. He will NEVER leave you hanging. He will never say, "Sorry, your not relevant enough for me anymore..." "Your too old." OR "You are yesterdays' trash."
The world is cruel. It will use you, dry you up and spit you out. I loves you as long as your beautiful and then it's over you. Have you ever saved tabloids? The famous people in a decade old "People' magazine, no longer even exist in the celebrity world. And we dare to think we are any different?
Nope. We are not. We are the same.
That is why life with Christ is such an amazing gift. Your purpose is never lacking as long as your alive in Christ! Chase after Him, and watch as He makes a life unfold in front of you that you never could have imagined for yourself.
The promise He gives us is peace while we walk this earth, and assurance of heaven after death.
Either way, we are all going in the dirt, but where your soul goes after the dirt covers your body is dependent on who you put your faith in THIS life.
If you trust in the world and all it's "joys" now, you will have received it all up front.
If you place your trust in the Lord, the joy has only begun.
To me the choice is clear...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment