About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Purpose of Christ


I know that of course is HUGE title to a blog post. And I also know that I of course am not so special that I have this completely figured out, but it's what I'm learning, and I want to share...

The idea that God and the Son are one, is a hard concept to say the least, and I'm not entirely sure I have a real grasp on what that means, but that is where my faith has to come in.

I know that the Son came to earth, and when He was baptized by John when His ministry first began the heavens opened up, and a dove (the spirit) flew down, landed on Jesus, and God, The Father boomed from the heavens, "this is my son, in whom I am pleased!"

Could you first of all, imagine the voice of God saying that about you? My heart skips a beat at the words of God and the message Jesus received was even more jaw-dropping. To please God, is impossible except for one, The Son. And this is exactly why we know Jesus is who He said He was.

There are a few purposes that John wrote out in the end of his book, "John". :) (appropriately titled)

and the purposes of Christ coming to earth, that were recorded in this book were these three things: That you would know Jesus is the Christ, That you would know that He is the Son of God, and That you would have LIFE in His name. (and although it's not written here in this place, it is in others, that we would have not just life, but abundant life.)

Until a couple of years ago, I had not the slightest idea of what "abundant" meant...I thought perhaps it meant that I might have more than enough of everything I ever wanted. Well, in part that was true, more than enough is an a good definition of abundant, but it was the "all I ever wanted" that was scewed. What I wanted and what God wanted for me, where quite different things, and it all stemmed from my trust, and belief in everything that the Son of God claimed in His word, which is the Fathers word, because they are one. Anyone confused? I was too.

God is God. His words are true, the Son is God, and His words are true then also...and I did not really take and apply those words to my life in such way that proved that I believed. I didn't live it. I didn't speak it. I didn't have joy, and I most certainly did not have life abundantly.

SO in my life today...what does "life abundant" mean? It means I have Christ first and for most in my life. (that was the first major change) It also means, that the things I want are different because of the fact that Christ comes first. And it means that I have an eternal home waiting for me, where the Father dwells!!!!

That was the purpose of the book of John. Those three things He stated, I get why he made those three the most important! The miracles of Jesus where amazing, but they really only pointed to the power of God, in hopes that it would soften hearts and bring repentance... Prior to my great repentance, the miracles were what I always focused on the most! Hoping that God would also doing something "miraculously great" in my own life. You know, really important things like: help me get the most awesome car, or have a really hot boyfriend, or be the first to get something all my friends wanted. Yeah. Really important stuff like that.

Now, thankfully, things are different! So what does "having life" mean in a nutshell? It means, It's all Gods. Everything. Me, My dreams, My desires, My hopes, My fears, My anxieties, My Great Aspirations, Me.

And in the giving up of all of that, and the accepting of all of Him, I of course am filled. Filled to the max. Filled abundantly. Filled beyond the point of understanding.

Now, I am not perfect nor do I feel great all day every day about my circumstances because unfortunately, I am most sinful, and still completely human. But, I know where to turn when I again slip up...I echo the words of David when I say..

"Since my youth Oh Lord you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds!"

Psalm 71:17

So let me ask you my friends...what does "life" feel like for you? Is it lacking in depth, security or hope? Oh how I have been there! Stop believing that this life can be about you, and watch and see as the Lord transforms broken things into whole, and makes His purposes known! Then and only then will His miracles be recognized for what they truly are!

It reminds me of the story in the 2nd chapter of Mark, where the paralyzed man is dropped through the roof so that Jesus could heal Him, instead of instantly saying to the man, "get up and walk" like I'm sure he expected Him too...Jesus says this..."Your sins are forgiven!" Now, what an odd thing to say to a paralyzed man don't you think? Perhaps Jesus was making the point that while we focus on the outward things that need healing He looks at our broken hearts. He first healed in this man what really needed to be healed in hopes that when the physical miracle was preformed, a whole body transformation could begin, rather than just strength regained in this mans legs.

So, is it your legs that need fixing or your heart? Ask Him. He can mend both. He did it for me, and continues to do so every day as I seek Him with all my heart, and thus; life abundant is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment