About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, May 23, 2010

RUNNING!!!


Friends, I am here to tell you that today, I went running. And it was glorious. No, it was more than glorious, it was heavenly. It almost felt spiritual, I cried, (literally) as I ran because it felt so good to do something I loved so much but had to give up for a while due to my extreme sickness. I had neither the energy to run in days past nor the ability. But not so today, and I praise the Lord for it.
Let me describe to you the beauty of this run, the sun was peaking through the clouds...my feet hit the partially rained on road. I breathed in deep air that did make me gag, or want to throw up, but air the filled my lungs with beautiful glorious freshness. Spring air. Running air. My air.
As I ventured into the first mile of my run, the tears began to flow...running is my old friend..the friend I have been unable to see or talk to for quite some time and I missed so much. My mental health, and emotional health are quite dependent on this old friend, and every step I ran, I praised the Lord for that step and never before have I had such a glorious run. I thought about my baby inside, the motion it was feeling, and I asked my baby if it liked the new ride...the baby said yes.. :) so we continued. My spirits have been so low due to my sickness, this run lifted me so much and again, as my heart lept within my chest and the "normalcy" I felt as I ran, I again rejoiced...and cried in thanksgiving.
I know I sound like a wreck, but I've been a bit of a wreck lately...to wake up sick, and go to bed sick, only to wake up sick again the next morning gets daunting and tiresome...and although I have had moments of goodness in those sick times, and I am still depending on my Father, the release, the health and the run were much needed.
I returned, sweaty, hot and JOYFUL because I knew God had given me a very special gift this morning, you see I was begging Him for peace, I was begging Him for the ability to thrive in this sickness, not just survive...so what did He do? He exceeded my expectations and gave me a run this morning. When I finished my glorious run, I looked up to heaven and I said, "Thank you Lord, may I have another?" Perhaps God laughed at that. Needless to say, I ran, and I hope to have many many more times like I had this morning. And all I can say is thank-you to God who cares for even the smallest details, like running. This child is so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment