About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, May 28, 2010

A message in love


For those of you who have ever tried what I am about to talk about, you will I'm sure join with me in saying, the following method of getting a certain point across to another, does not work.

Here was my method: If they are not hearing you, yell louder.

I am here to tell you, this way of "being heard" actually produces opposite results, and also makes the other party equally loud, equally mad, and equally frustrated that THEY too are not being heard. Case and point: My children. So, one would think I'd be starting to get this point by now because of how often the Lord has been pounding into my heart and mind the message of messages are heard when said in love. Apparently, I have a thicker skull than He anticipated...

My children made a mess larger than I thought possible today, (which by now "not possible" should be erased from my vocabulary.) And I lost it. My sickness was rising, and my patience was lowing, and my loving attitudes was non-existent. With frustration I yelled my way though the situation, telling my poor son, that "His temper was making me angry." (yeah, I know. Nice one) And It wasn't until my children were clean, the mess was gone and they were tucked safely in bed, that I realized me intense folly of heart and action. I am not here to focus on my failure for long, because I know I repented, asked for forgiveness from my children (who of course did in an instant, oh the heart of a child) and then of the Lord, and He too washed my heart with peace, and I felt the warmth of love return to my bitter heart.

This life application came to mind directly after: so it is with our message to those around us who we are daily ministering to, or trying to preach Christ too. Christ's message was love. Everywhere you turn in the word His messages whispers love to hearts of a lost and dying nation. So many chances were given to those in sin, and 7 times 70 we are to forgive our lost brothers. Oh friends....My heart is humbled. What I have said meaning to be holy, only to come across and judging, bitter and cynical. I'm sure my children wondered what monster ate Mommy, so have others I'm sure wondered how I could call myself a believer.

The message we speak in our hearts, attitudes, and mouths MUST be in love, or it is nothing.


"1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."


God is beginning to make Himself clear to me. I always have known it is important to be nice to others, just a code of ethics, but I felt it was a choice. And in that feeling, I was gravely wrong. It is not a choice, it is His command. He commands us to love one another, no message will ever be heard in anger. No message will ever be receive if their is a hidden angst packed behind it. People see through fake love, people see through "trying to love.." People see the love that Jesus held for the, and they saw the difference. SO, today, as I pose this question to myself, ask yourselves as well...What do people see in MY message...and what do I want them to see....

It's not a question of "if" we love people it's a message of "when" we love people. The commandment to love is not a "when you feel like it.." And the only way my friends we can truly do this, is by drawing our daily strength from the ultimate source of love: Jesus.

We need to daily seek Him, daily spend time with Him and there is no doubt, He will fill you up with what you need for any given day. It's a fact, He's there waiting for you to ask Him for the mean by which to love and live for Him. You are His vessel of love! Have you ever thought about that? He chose you, to use you, to love His own, and that is an honor.


I pray today is the day we all have a change of heart, a change in our message and a heart filled to the brim with love for His children...whoever they are.






No comments:

Post a Comment