About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Too Hard.


There have been many thoughts swirling around in my mind, as I took my vacation weekend from blogging..:) and this is the one that will not leave: I try so hard to conquer my battles, to win all the mini wars of life against the evils that attack and the human struggles we face, and I cannot do it. I just fail miserably every time I try to do it in my own strength.

I have had countless opportunities to allow God to help me, or to try and do it on my own, and each time, for at least a little while, I try it my way first. Bad idea.

It was not through Joshua's own strength that the walls fell down, or in Moses strong arms that held up on their own, with their own power that held the red sea's apart...or the disciples own power that healed blind, sick, lame and deaf after Jesus left their presence...No friends, It was by God's power that these great things were accomplished and the same is true for us today.

I cannot in my own power, love everyone. I cannot in my own power be patient. I cannot in my own power be prayerful in all circumstances, kind to everyone, faithful to all and gentle in my spirit. But by the grace of God I can poses the fruits of the spirit, " Love, joy, peace patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, Against such things there is no law." - Gal. 5:22

If you were to take any one of those attributes and apply it to your difficult situation, perhaps a place where your sinful response is now, then I would imagine we would all have much different outcomes to our difficult circumstances.

In my sickness, my patience has decreased unbelievably. And I hate that. However, God is showing me something, I CAN be patient through Him. My trial is not unique...many people struggle with sickness. Either it's sickness in health, or sickness in our hearts, we cannot be healed, and good things flow from us in our sick state, without God. It's just impossible. So where are you UN-well? What are you my friend trying to do as I do, and be "well" all on your own?

Many many things come to mind for myself, and I'm sure you had the same results..for if we are honest with ourselves, we are unhealthy by nature, and friends, it's too hard to do it all by ourselves.

My husband and I watched a movie the other night called "Every things Fine.." and I laughed at the title because that is how our world, and my own heart for that matter, deals with our problems. In this movie, there are several scenarios of people who are desperately messed up in their problems, and by the end of the movie, they all end up happy because they realize that despite all their problems (most of them a result of bad choices) their fine! Oh friends, this is the sad state we are all in at times...

There is the couple who are headed for divorce, and yet, they are "fine". There is the Mom who sits at home and drinks all day to cope with the stress of life, unable to admit she is "not fine."

There is the girl who can't admit she's nearing the edge of suicide because she is so depressed, but the outside, "she's fine."

Friends, we are not fine. We are not OK on our own and the fact that we try and first fix it on our own, only to find it's too hard, we then give up and say, "we're fine."

Here my friends is the message of hope: Jesus can take anything, absolutely anything, and make it whole again. My life is living testimony to that! He can make what is so miserably broken and piece it back together in the most healthy way...He is the ultimate healer and physician.

We are all unhealthy in our own original state of self, but by His grace, His power and His compassion, He heals us...

Isn't healthy the most amazing thing? You do not realize how much you appreciate health, in any given area until you sick. The first thing we need to do is acknowledge that we are indeed sick and that it's too hard to heal ourselves. Little steps back to the Father leads to huge leaps in the right direction. It's OK to tell the Lord your sick. It's OK to tell the Lord you cannot do this "thing" anymore, and pretend that "your fine." (trust me, I pretended to be fine for 20 years of my life and it stinks)

This very moment is a perfect moment to be honest to yourself and the Lord. (after all, He already knows, and is just waiting for you to share)


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1


No comments:

Post a Comment