About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Purpose of Man


So I recognize that it quite a title. :) However, it has been my line of thinking lately. Somehow, in between growing a child inside of me and raising a 2 and 3 year old, I'm finding myself lost in thoughts of purpose. :)

Why I do what I do, but really the purpose even behind the "why." God created all of us for unique purposes, and this of course you hear from childhood and believe because it's exciting to think that in life you have a "special mission" that no other person on earth does. But here has been my line of thinking...God must be the purpose behind all I think, say and do. And what motivates me to do all I do? To bring glory to God, not myself. (well, that is the distant hope)

But more often then not, I do find myself thinking and wishing for the praise of man as I do the "good" things I do. But if that's the case I really should not call what I am doing "good" nor should I put God's name on my deeds. He gives me an idea for kindness or goodness towards another, I act because of God's great prompting, and then somehow, I think I should get some glory? No. Far be it from me to do this thing, but I do.

The other angle of purpose is why we go through certain events or circumstances in life that seem so contrary to what we think should be...things like pain, job loss, sickness and even death of those we love. This line of thought came to me when my hairdresser and I were discussing the troubles I've been through lately and she said this to me, (and I'm not sure if she even knows her great wisdom) but that truly "All these things happen according to His perfect plans, and it all works out for our best because it was His plan." At first when she said that I thought..."How could laying on the floor for three months and throwing up all the time be God's perfect plan.." But of course when she said I nodded like any good little christian girl would and agreed completely...:) But when I got home I started to think..."Do I believe that, even in regards to my own trial and pain?" And here is what I've come up with: In all things painful that I have been through in my life, it has led me to the joyful life I live now, with my children, my husband the relationship I have with my heavenly Father. So, thus far, the pain I've been through has in fact led me to good things...and therefore, because of what this track record shows for me, I concur, He is faithful in all things. Even in sickness.

And then, what we do with our experiences, meaning, how we allow them to be used to encourage others also adds more purpose to that trial, and to our lives. So, the next time I run into a woman who has been laying on the floor in sickness for three months, I will know what she needs, and how to minister to her. More purpose has been added to my life, because the Lord must have seen that somewhere down the line, and woman in such circumstances was going to cross my path, and perhaps, He wants me there. (this is just my thought) But now, regardless, I'm available for that job in the spiritual realm. It's like our lives are a resume' and God is our boss, and each time we go through something painful or joyful in our lives, it's added to that resume' and I think the Lord enlists His workers according to their life experiences. The only difference, is instead of being paid in cash, we are paid in fulfillment of life, peace and joy of heart and and knowledge that we are being used by the One and Only, Most Holy, Most Sovereign God of All...that feels like a better deal than some money that fades in a moment.

So through all of this, I am feeling more and more purposeful...and perhaps my friends, you all are feeling this way too. All of this thinking began when the realization came to me that truly..."this life is not about me." And that is when the growth began. (and I have a very long way to go.)

But it's in this line of thinking that I have found great freedom from all the things that used to bog me down and weigh my heart with a thousand bricks, and freedom is priceless.

So I leave you with two questions... Are you Free? And Do you have purpose? If you can answer "yes" to those two questions than my friend, dance for joy. But if your answer is "no" then perhaps you should consider, (as I did not too long ago) "why" and "how can this be changed.." Then search the scriptures and find your answers. There is not another thing in life (on this side of heaven) that will bring you peace like being in the center of His will, and His purpose for you.

1 comment:

  1. It's a very interesting thing to consider that He has a unique purpose for each of us. When I ponder on "the purpose of man" I tend to throw all mankind together into one unit and know that the ultimate purpose of man is to praise God. I believe the only end purpose is for us to praise Him, when it is all said and done and we all gather around that throne for eternity. But, yet, we're stuck now in this time in between, and you're absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete